diy solar

diy solar

Doubling up cables

Ohm's law does not lie.

It's Ohms law, not Ohm's theory. I guess I must have forgotten some things after teaching electronics for 10 years in the 80s. :unsure:

I have a bank of 3 batteries in parallel that have smart BMSs. They have different length cables between them and yet they discharge within 1% of each other. <shrug>

EDIT: I think we are talking about two different things.

Part of the reason for this is that the wire resistance is just one part of the total impedance in the power system.

Most people have fairly low impedance in the wires, especially in DC and battery packs.

There is impedance at every connection, often a fuse or breaker, and the battery has effective impedance from the chemical reaction.

It actually does not take all that much in a circuit to end up with much tighter results than expected from varying just wire lengths in modest voltage DC. I was actually surprised how little it mattered compared to AC wire runs with small wires like are common in that use.

Before and after from advice received. Any other improvements that can be made.

Attachments

• 20240715_163717.jpg
    20240715_163717.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240716_132837.jpg
    20240716_132837.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 9
In car audio the amp is constantly changing the current drawn with a boom - boom - boom...
That's really strange... the radio in my car doesn't make those sounds ;) 👵

Speaking of which wait till @SeaGal sees with those pics I just posted she's gonna accuse me of hanging out with @Heather
:ROFLMAO: messy wires are fine when you know what you're doing with them.

diy solar

diy solar
Back