diy solar

diy solar

Dual battery inverter

chrisgid

I currently have a solis rai-3k-48es-5g charging 2 polyontec 3000c batteries. I would like to increase my storage capacity (maybe add another 2x3000c or 2x5000 but I also want to increase the maximum power I can charge and discharge at (as my current system has a max 3kw output).

Is it possible to essrntially duplicate my existing setup so I have another inverter and 2 batteries (giving me 6kw output) or would I need to get a different inverter capable of 6kw?

On the other inverter options, does anyone have any recommendations to work with Pylontec batteries?

Thanks

Welcome.

AFAIAA the Solis RAI is essentially the same as the Solis RHI / EH1P hybrid inverters (that I have), but without the PV input. Unfortunately, they are not designed to co-operate in parallel in terms of powering a house load from battery. Hence, unless you have the skills to deploy a MITM RS485 solution to customise the grid power meter data to each inverter, you can't just parallel the two inverters.

Is having PV a future option, if so, you could use the Solis S5-EH1P6K-L as an ESS inverter and just not use the PV input for now. That will give you up to 5kW of power from battery.

Welcome.

AFAIAA the Solis RAI is essentially the same as the Solis RHI / EH1P hybrid inverters (that I have), but without the PV input. Unfortunately, they are not designed to co-operate in parallel in terms of powering a house load from battery. Hence, unless you have the skills to deploy a MITM RS485 solution to customise the grid power meter data to each inverter, you can't just parallel the two inverters.

Is having PV a future option, if so, you could use the Solis S5-EH1P6K-L as an ESS inverter and just not use the PV input for now. That will give you up to 5kW of power from battery.
Thanks for the insight.

I have PV already but the PV goes into a Solar edge inverter, so the solis is just managing the batteries.

It was never a design consideration when I got the solar company to install it but have since switched onto Octopus agile with 30min pricing so trying to get to a point where I can meet all my house demand at the top of the duck curve. Normally its fine but thinking of getting a heat pump which will add to the background load so will be drawing more than the 3kw more regularly.

So, could replacing the existing inverter and the AC-coupled ESS inverter with something like a Solis or Sunsynk hybrid be a possible solution without the complexity of interworking between devices?

Its possible, dont want to spend too much just to add some extra capacity. Dont know why the installers went with the solution they did, but its what i've got.

Easiest solution might just be to replace the battery inverter. Are you aware of any solutions, the Victron ones seem to be the only ones that do more than 3kw.

The Solis I mentioned does 5kW from battery or 6kW if you have PV input too

diy solar

diy solar
Back