diy solar

diy solar

Increased battery capacity

TVB

Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to battery systems. I have had a battery system fitted to my PV installation. The battery system required a s
Solis RAI-3K-48RES-5G inverter and 2 x Pylontec 2.5 batteries. I have added a 3rd Pylontec battery to increase the system capacity but the Inverter does not seem to "see" the added battery. I was under the impression that I just needed to plug-in the extra battery. Am I missing something or do I need to reprogramme the inverter?
Would appreciate any help!

Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to battery systems. I have had a battery system fitted to my PV installation. The battery system required a s
Solis RAI-3K-48RES-5G inverter and 2 x Pylontec 2.5 batteries. I have added a 3rd Pylontec battery to increase the system capacity but the Inverter does not seem to "see" the added battery. I was under the impression that I just needed to plug-in the extra battery. Am I missing something or do I need to reprogramme the inverter?
im not familiar with this particular inverter but usually there are communication cables that need to be attached unless its one of those stacking batteries like the e cube but even still some of those require communication cables. maybe skim through your manual for the word communication and have you tried resetting the system as well?

When you plugged in the battery, did you also plug-in extra communications cables? Not exactly sure what you have, can you post pictures?

Hi wpms,
The system functioned normally (as far as I could tell) and the app showed the capacity as 7Kw as originally installed. I have just added another Pylontec battery as I wished to have increased capacity. The battery monitoring LEDs are showing all is well but the system does not appear to see the extra battery. It still I can take a photo if necessary but I thought the system would automatically include the new battery, especially as the new one is fitted in the master slot.displays as 7Kw.

Don't any of your items but each battery will need its own unique ID set, sometimes using dip switches or by using an app to change the ID.

Back