diy solar

diy solar

easun igrid-sv-iv damaged epprom?

007tommas

hi, my easun igrid-sv-iv inverter probably has a damaged epprom. I blamed it on the serial port because it doesn't show an error on the LCD and neither does the monitoring software in the PC or mobile....

I started solving the cause of the problem after the inverter started behaving strangely.
At first, the wifi module did not communicate with the inverter.
I don't have 230V AC connected to the inverter because I work in offgrid mode.
When only powered by the battery, when the batteries ran out, the inverter turned off at night to drain the battery and also turned off the 230V "of course"
In the morning after sunrise, charging from the sun started, but the battery was still discharged to about 48V and the inverter started AC 230V, while the setting is to start only after the battery is charged (57V).
As if by a miracle out of nowhere, the wifi connection started working after about a month, but this morning it doesn't work again....
The problem with turning on after sunrise persists...

When I started to solve the problem, I looked at the application, watch power in the PC, and there it doesn't show the error either on the LCD. I only have to connect using the serial port. The USB connection is not working...
So I started logging the serial port and after decoding I found out that the problem is in the EPPROM...
006FWS<CRC><cr>: Query fault and warning status ^D039AA,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R< CRC <cr>
the answer:
^P006FWSĹC
^D03900,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0+ ""
when I break it down.
^P006FWSĹC
^D039-
AA-00 - Fault code
B-1 - Line fail
C-0 - Output circuit short
D-0 - Inverter over temperature
E-0 - fan lock
F-0 - Battery voltage high
G-0 - battery low
H-0 - Battery under
I-0 - Overload
J-1 - Epprom fail
K-0 - Power limit
L-0 - PV-voltage high
M-0 - PV - voltage high
N-0 - MPPT 1 overload warning
O-0 - MPPT2 overload warning
P-0 - Battery too low to charge for SCC1
Q-0 - Battery too low to charge for SCC2
R-0 - Battery open
+

The converter is under warranty. It was bought from aliexppres from the official seller of easun power.

I described my problem to the seller and to support, he sent photos, logs, video, but they have been solving my problem for a month and allegedly can't figure out why it is doing this. So now I'm desperate because my inverter isn't working as it should.

Could you help me with my problem?

Well thank you"

hi, my easun igrid-sv-iv inverter probably has a damaged epprom. I blamed it on the serial port because it doesn't show an error on the LCD and neither does the monitoring software in the PC or mobile....

I started solving the cause of the problem after the inverter started behaving strangely.
At first, the wifi module did not communicate with the inverter.
I don't have 230V AC connected to the inverter because I work in offgrid mode.
When only powered by the battery, when the batteries ran out, the inverter turned off at night to drain the battery and also turned off the 230V "of course"
In the morning after sunrise, charging from the sun started, but the battery was still discharged to about 48V and the inverter started AC 230V, while the setting is to start only after the battery is charged (57V).
As if by a miracle out of nowhere, the wifi connection started working after about a month, but this morning it doesn't work again....
The problem with turning on after sunrise persists...

When I started to solve the problem, I looked at the application, watch power in the PC, and there it doesn't show the error either on the LCD. I only have to connect using the serial port. The USB connection is not working...
So I started logging the serial port and after decoding I found out that the problem is in the EPPROM...
006FWS<CRC><cr>: Query fault and warning status ^D039AA,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R< CRC <cr>
the answer:
^P006FWSĹC
^D03900,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0+ ""
when I break it down.
^P006FWSĹC
^D039-
AA-00 - Fault code
B-1 - Line fail
C-0 - Output circuit short
D-0 - Inverter over temperature
E-0 - fan lock
F-0 - Battery voltage high
G-0 - battery low
H-0 - Battery under
I-0 - Overload
J-1 - Epprom fail
K-0 - Power limit
L-0 - PV-voltage high
M-0 - PV - voltage high
N-0 - MPPT 1 overload warning
O-0 - MPPT2 overload warning
P-0 - Battery too low to charge for SCC1
Q-0 - Battery too low to charge for SCC2
R-0 - Battery open
+

The converter is under warranty. It was bought from aliexppres from the official seller of easun power.

I described my problem to the seller and to support, he sent photos, logs, video, but they have been solving my problem for a month and allegedly can't figure out why it is doing this. So now I'm desperate because my inverter isn't working as it should.

Could you help me with my problem?

Well thank you"
Hi unfortunately they show no support, that is what i have found so far... having in mind my case which is quite lighter (my inverter feeds to grid and mppt blocks due to probably bad code in the firmware ) the case of another user who's unit has bricked when easun sent him firmware to upgrade and others i have read trying to understand what is the reason for the strange behaviour of my inverter.
- If you need technical support you can try searching powerforum.co.za - there are several guys who have updated firmware and several who have changed chips and revived/fixed their units. Just when searching bear in mind that this is a Voltronic power OEM inverter and is being branded and sold by Easun/MPP/SP24/Voltacon ....etc. Depending on which country you are you can find a better dealer than Easun that actually has technical support and can fix your unit (Italy solarpower24.it , Spain rebacas.com, UK voltaconsolar.com.....etc
- If you have purchased/paid with paypal try to start a case and claim your money back.....

Last edited:
Back