diy solar

diy solar

Easy way to increase PV daily yield

pda1

This is supposed to be funny.

I've found a simple way to double the PV daily yield of my array which is 2 kW. Usually, the array only produces 2 kWh per day. Today, a bright sunny one, produced 4.1 kWh after the minor improvements which I describe below.

The following method is thoroughly based upon science- the god everyone worships since 2019.

Do you like chainsaws? Do you love using chainsaws and cutting trees down? I'm talkin' about 2 stroke engines and 20" bars. No electric junk. If so, this story's for you.

A large Norway maple shades my array at various times throughout the day from early September until the leafs (however it's spelled) fall off in November. Later in the day a HUGE Canadian Hemlock blocks the panels from about 2 PM until 4 PM. The Hemlock is (was) tilted towards the Maple (well whataya know?!). So I said to myself, "say, that Maple looks like it just might accidentally on purpose get hit by the Hemlock if I drop it".
Now, dear reader, being a devotee of the aforementioned bogus god named "science" I decided to experiment. Yes, experiment to see if;

- Newton's 1rst law of motion was true
- Gravity is real

So, with the proper safety equipment (sneakers...safety first....so long as it doesn't cost anything) and worn out gloves and a Husqvarna 359 chainsaw that'll cut through anything, including your leg, in a few seconds....I proceeded to cut down the Hemlock (it's about 30" in diameter). To my surprise the Hemlock just happened to hit part of the Maple when it fell breaking off a huge part of the Maple (the part the blocks the sun in the afternoon).

Now, back to the solar stuff.

So, I had sun on the panels most of the day. At one point they were producing too much power charging the batteries, never mind how much, but the wires were warm to the touch.

Now, you see what a great situation this all is? In summation;

- Solar is green energy (that's a chant- say it many times and it comes true)
- Trees are good for the planet (blah, blah, blah) (yeah, that's why we've got to cut back on CO2 emissions so the vegetation can die)
- Chainsaws are fun
- Gravity is real
- Trust the gravity
- Save our "open spaces"
- Do it for the children
- Power to the people
- More power to you
- I stand with the latest thing

What's the wood burners motto? "Burn, baby, burn".

Well, I thought this was funny and if you heard it on TV on in a movie you'd laugh.

Now I've got a huge mess to clean up.

The tallest tree we have here in South Texas is probably slightly shorter than your tallest BUSH ... our solar arrays out here go active about 30 minutes after the sunrise and stop when the sun hits the other horizon 12 hours later ...

But i do miss real trees ...

The tallest tree we have here in South Texas is probably slightly shorter than your tallest BUSH ... our solar arrays out here go active about 30 minutes after the sunrise and stop when the sun hits the other horizon 12 hours later ...

But i do miss real trees ...
Trees? I'll email you some....

Back