diy solar

diy solar

Eco flow Delta pro... Can you use a predator 2000 gas generator to charge on a cloudy day?

Hi All. I'm very new here (first post). I seem to read conflicting information on charging Ecoflow Delta Pro from small generator while also using the Delta Pro in a grid down situation. My energy efficient home draws about 400 to 600 watts average if no 240 volt appliances used (or microwave, power tools, etc). Even natural gas furnace blower and two fridges run in this 400 to 600 watt range on average. I do have short fridge compressor spikes near 1200 watts for a second or two.

So my thinking is to use a small ALP 1000 watt propane generator during grid outages to charge the Delta Pro via A/C input from generator. ALP's max output is 850 watts which would be fine for me. But, I've read the Delta Pro AC input wants 1500 watts minimum. Is that true?

I'm also unsure if I feed the Delta Pro 850 watts input if I can also use the Delta Pro while charging? I mean if the A/C is just passthrough, then when I get a short 2 second demand of 1200 watts for fridge compressor startup will I passthrough and overload the small ALP generator or will the Delta Pro's 3600 watt capacity cover that short burst need?

Thank you for your time

After some support interaction with Ecoflow, they state above is possible. I can both use and charge with an 850 watt ALP generator or even something a bit larger like a Honda 2000. This is very appealing to me for grid down as I can ration power in the home to about 600 watts and then also charge at 850+ watts. Net gain and also handle short load spikes in excess of 850 watts (make coffee, use microwave, etc.). Very appealing to me although adding solar panels vs. small generator has its appeal too.

After some support interaction with Ecoflow, they state above is possible. I can both use and charge with an 850 watt ALP generator or even something a bit larger like a Honda 2000. This is very appealing to me for grid down as I can ration power in the home to about 600 watts and then also charge at 850+ watts. Net gain and also handle short load spikes in excess of 850 watts (make coffee, use microwave, etc.). Very appealing to me although adding solar panels vs. small generator has its appeal too.
Solar is nice but need the generator to cover the poor weather days/weeks.

Back