diy solar

diy solar

Eco-Worthy 12V submersible pump?

wpns

Solar Joules are catch and release
I've got a few of these Eco-Worthy 12V submersible pumps:
which is a very close clone of a Shurflo 9300 at 1/10 the price. I've got two in service, and one that's failed in ~6 months of occasional use to fill a cistern from a nearby well with a total lift of maybe 10-15 feet. Anyone else have experience with slow (1GPM would be ideal, to help prevent overdrawing the well) pumps, either 12Vdc or 120Vac with decent reliability?
[No, the Amazon vendor doesn't respond, and Eco-Worthy's website doesn't respond, but also doesn't list the pump, so maybe it's only the solar power Eco-Worthy site. Either way, kinda of an orphan...]
Thanks!

I've seen those for a few years now and wondered about them.

At risk of stating the obvious I think you had a pretty good idea what you were getting yourself into.

I believe the "law of averages" tell us that you've got to replace at least 3 more pumps at 1/10th the cost of pricier Shurflo before you get one that will for more than a year.

Here's some other options for solar water pumping.

Why are they failing?

I'm looking at this one to pump water from a spring box to a underground cistern for a cabin with 40' of head pressure.

Currently I'm useing a 1/2hp 120v jet pump. I can pump 275gal in about 32min. How ever I'm looking to make me system more frost proof and that's why I'm looking for a submersible pump.
Housing fills with water. IMG_5215.jpeg
Can’t seem to get ahold of the vendor. #QuellSurprise

Attachments

• IMG_5116.jpeg
    IMG_5116.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4783.png
    IMG_4783.png
    376.2 KB · Views: 4
Back