diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Delta Max 2000 - 12V DC Outlet

DuaneA

Greetings,

I have read topics for many years on this site, first time posting. I recently purchased an EcoFlow Delta Max 2000. I use it for camping and its overkill in all respects for that usage (small fridge, diesel heater, recharging phones/laptops/tablets/lights). I wanted to attach the extra batteries and run a home refrigerator in a loss of power event hence the larger capacity.

I used the 12V DC Outlet to power my Diesel Heater. This is a small load just around 60 watts and it powered this heater for around 40 hours of usage over several camping trips. I then connected the heater and received an error code - open circuit/electrical code. I took the heater apart looking for a loose wire or anything odd that would drive this code. I found nothing.

I then hooked up a Jackery 1000 and the heater started with no issues. The plot began to thicken at this point as I started to think the heater was not the problem... it was the power supply. I hooked the EcoFlow back up and watched the voltage readout on the diesel heater as it turned on. I also hooked up a meter and saw the voltage drop once the unit turned on. I contacted EcoFlow and they told me the DC plug was overloaded which was odd given the fact I never had any issues before in my 40 hour run-time.

I knew at this time I needed to have more data and include the amperage/wattage to go along with the voltage. I bought a meter and installed it. Below are the screenshots:

Before Starting
1689297751217.png

After starting. The voltage bounces around from 8-13.5v constantly for 4-5 seconds before dropping to this 7v level. The heater then errors out and then the voltage returns back to the original state above.
1689297818086.png

I received one email response from EcoFlow which was fairly short and seemed like a standard response for someone having an issue, "You are overloaded." When I followed up with this additional data (I went ahead and bought the meter at my own cost) I thought I would receive another response... multiple emails, on hold for 1 hr several times, etc. and I can't make any connection with them. I will keep trying but I am losing hope.

A couple questions:

Is this pretty standard for EcoFlow to not care about the consumer after purchase? Admittedly, I praised them to my family/friends for their technology, battery chemistry, etc. as the best choice in the market. My extended family of Jackery users loved hearing their devices had no issue running the heater when mine could not even start it. I am starting to rethink this purchase and following additions I had planned.

Do the issues above seem like a hardware failure in my EcoFlow? Maybe a Software issue? If you think it is user error, feel free to let me know that as well. This is a fairly simple installation literally just plugging a cigarette lighter into the back of the battery.

Thanks for your time. Appreciate any feedback.

I'm sorry to hear the issues you're facing with your Delta Max. In response to your first question, I have heard and received a number of complaints from my viewers re EcoFlow after-sales customer service. Whilst it's important to remember that the quality of customer service can vary between manufacturers, distributors and resellers, and individual cases do not always reflect their overall rating, the sheer number of poor CS cases I have read/received speak for themselves. I've personally conducted a CS experiment which you can watch here. As I point out in the experiment, my method is by no means an accurate reflection and the results will vary based on the method you employ, but at least in my experience EcoFlow have the worst CS. Jackery, on the other hand, performed exceptionally well. I wrote to both Jackery and EcoFlow following my video going live, and you can probably guess who replied to my email and who didn't.

As for your second question, it's difficult to isolate the fault without further inspection. Have you tried any other 12V appliances or perhaps even a 12V inverter to try and pull the max load from the cigarette port?

In any case, I'd be on to EcoFlow, via email and social media, until I receive a satisfactory explanation/solution. Don't back down!

Techman

Techman,

Thanks for your response. I finally was able to get through and received an email asking for serial number, name, etc. on the unit. They said the issue was "worth looking into" so that gave me some hope. They gave a 48 hour window for a technical response from the engineering team.

My drivers for my choice were cycle life and recharge time. I am hoping this gets figured out. I will post the results of my discussions as they come in.

Back