diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Delta Pro RV durability?

sblumenau

Does anyone have experience or heard from others of someone permanently installing an Ecoflow Delta Pro into a motorhome as the complete solar infrastructure? I contacted them and it must be used upright - it cannot be on its side because of the fans/airflow plus its construction. I am concerned on what happens to it over time with all the road bounce. All the posts and youtubes I have seen are more around testing to see if it would work as a power supply for an RV but there is no information as to how it survives over time.

We have used a Ecoflow Delta Pro and extra battery 7.2Kwh to run our trailer for past two years, we mostly boondock and travel some very rough roads. We came from a DIY system that took a lot of learning to make it work well. We use it at home for backup power also. We have 2000 watts of solar on roof that keeps us charged. It runs everything in our 30 amp trailer just the same as when we are plugged in at a campground. It can run our AC unit without depleting our batteries in good sun. I wired mine thru a auto transfer switch behind the power panel with the shore cord primary and DP secondary source. If plugged in at campground, trailer shore cord runs everything and when boondocking the DP takes over. I left everything with the original battery up front in place and DP or shore cord still keeps it charged. If you can fine room for it in your trailer, I think it's a good choice to go full solar in a RV. The right wiring of panels in series and parallel is important to get to the full 1600 w input. The fans make some noise when heat builds up also, but not bad. Ours is in our bunk room that is open to rest of trailer. Today I might go with the Delta Pro Ultra. More power, takes more solar input and works better for home backup.

Attachments

• Untitled_1.4.1.jpg
    Untitled_1.4.1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 20230809_201107 (1).jpg
    20230809_201107 (1).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 6
Back