diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Delta Max 2000

buck4424

I read that ecoflow you can use 3rd party solar panels but I have not had any success using Renogy 12V 100 watt. Can you please provide some feedback. Thank you very much.

How long does it normally take for someone to answer. This is weird because I had numerous people answering my other questions.

I think the reason you may not have got an answer in a timely fashion is because your question is a little vague, and is missing some crucial information. Once a thread to goes unanswered for about 24 hours it seems to get buried down in the form pretty quickly. I'll try to help.

What model of the EcoFlow / panel do you have? Posting the specifications of both that, and your solar panel would be very helpful as well.

Do the solar panel and the eco flow have the same plug? Do they hook up, or do you need a way to hook them up?

I read that ecoflow you can use 3rd party solar panels but I have not had any success using Renogy 12V 100 watt. Can you please provide some feedback. Thank you very much.
How many Renogy panels did you connect and were they wired in series or parallel? Seems like the ecoflow can take up to 100W 10A on the PV input, and those Renogy panels will put out around 6A each, so you really need at least 8 of them in series to get a good amount of power into the eco flow.

I have 6 in series. Why would it take 8 to recognize? I was fearing using that many due to safety. Thanks for replying.

You’re right, it should work with 6 - I plucked 8 out of the air just because at 100W per panel, a low number of panels won’t be making much use of the 2000W capacity of the eco flow. Nevertheless, yes, it should be working.

What do you see happening with the ecoflow? Are you getting no charging at all, or just less power than you expected? If you post up more details of what’s going on I’m sure you’ll get more engagement. People around here are generally helpful.

From the ecoflow website for the delta max 2000 :-

Solar input 11-100V 13A Max, 800W max

The Renogy 100w panels from their website have a voc of 24.3v and vmp of 20.4v. going by all panels in series.

6 x 20.4v = 122v

Worst case

6 x 24.3 = 145.8v

Both are well past the max voltage of the solar input which means it may have been damaged by excessive voltage, assuming the above info is correct. It seems they are higher voltage and lower current, unfortunately voltage is the problem. Try 3 in series as that puts you well under 100v total if the above is correct.

diy solar

diy solar
Back