diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Delta Pro w/3rd Party Panel Question

Quincy1234

Does anyone have a diagram or suggestion on how to hook up and maximize the potential of the current panels I own to my Ecoflow Delta Pro? I am new to all of this and finding it a bit confusing. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220609_172103[78194].jpg
    20220609_172103[78194].jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 30
I have 5 of them.
That sucks, the Ecoflow Delta Pro has a max VOC of 150 and a max of 15 amps (this seems seriously low does anyone else know if this is accurate). You would be able to connect 2 of these in series to it maybe 3 but only if it's above 41 degrees.

That sucks, the Ecoflow Delta Pro has a max VOC of 150 and a max of 15 amps (this seems seriously low does anyone else know if this is accurate). You would be able to connect 2 of these in series to it maybe 3 but only if it's above 41 degrees.
That's kind of what I was thinking but I didn't know if there was a way around that with some combination of series and parallel. Like I said, this is all new to me.
Thank you for the quick reply.

Bought a Ecoflow Delta Pro and a couple Rockpals 100w folding panels. The Rockpals panels come with Anderson connectors so I bought an MC4 adapter When I take everything out into the sun and hook it up, the Ecoflow doesn't register any solar input... anyone know why? Is there a reason they aren't compatible? I can't find anything online.

Bought a Ecoflow Delta Pro and a couple Rockpals 100w folding panels. The Rockpals panels come with Anderson connectors so I bought an MC4 adapter When I take everything out into the sun and hook it up, the Ecoflow doesn't register any solar input... anyone know why? Is there a reason they aren't compatible? I can't find anything online.
Those panels should work fine assuming you have 2. It's likely a bad connection somewhere.

Those panels should work fine assuming you have 2. It's likely a bad connection somewhere.
Thanks, maybe I'll get a different Anderson to MC4 adapter and see if that changes anything. I was getting a reading with my multimeter though, so I though it might be related to compatibility.

Thanks, maybe I'll get a different Anderson to MC4 adapter and see if that changes anything. I was getting a reading with my multimeter though, so I though it might be related to compatibility.
Where did you measure it with the multimeter? You should check right before the Ecoflow to make sure that the issue isn't in a connection before that.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I heard the Delta Pro can accept up to 20 amps of input even though its description says 15 amps. Any over amperage will be lost in the system. Some over amperage is actually preferable. Cheers.

Wouldn’t the low angle of the sun and 41° Temperature in the fall and winter time lower the volt output of the panels? This is a question I have and I think we can over panel the delta pro in the winter time because the sun is at a far southern angle. Just my thoughts.

Wouldn’t the low angle of the sun and 41° Temperature in the fall and winter time lower the volt output of the panels? This is a question I have and I think we can over panel the delta pro in the winter time because the sun is at a far southern angle. Just my thoughts.
It's actually the opposite, the lower the temperature the higher the VOC gets. Hense why if they wanted to do 3 panels it would have to be above 41 degrees.

15 amps is based on the battery voltage - IIRC they are 48V batteries, so a 12V panels could be up to 700 watts or so.

I have a delta mini, 160w of 2S panels, that will consistently produce 130 to 150 watts input on the delta. It has a max 350 or so max wattage I think - I would have to go pull specs to confirm. But you get the idea.

The main thing is that you don't over-volt the solar controller - it's a built in mppt, and you can connect series-wired solar panels up to about 750 watts for charging.

Also seems to me the pro has lifepo4 cells, my mini has NCM - cobalt mangenese - which are much higher density, but also much more volatile if mistreated.

Back