diy solar

diy solar

Ecoworthy 5000W 48v AC input question, 240v or 120v?

forest_face

I realize this is probably a dumb question, but here goes.

I have an Ecoworthy 48v 5000w inverter. The manual says to use a 2P-40amp breaker for the AC input. The AC input on the inverter has only ground, L and N connections, one each. The 2 pole breaker has two connections. Do I just connect both the wires coming from the 2 pole breaker to the single hot connection on the inverter? Like two wires in one hole?

How do I wire this?

I realize this is probably a dumb question, but here goes.

I have an Ecoworthy 48v 5000w inverter. The manual says to use a 2P-40amp breaker for the AC input. The AC input on the inverter has only ground, L and N connections, one each. The 2 pole breaker has two connections. Do I just connect both the wires coming from the 2 pole breaker to the single hot connection on the inverter? Like two wires in one hole?

How do I wire this?
Not a dumb question ... I will see if I can find out...

Attachments

• acinput.png
    acinput.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 3
Yes, that's the one.

So I can only hook up one pole?
That's correct, you need 2 units to produce split phase. Screenshot_20231231-064222.jpg
I'm a bit confused, because the manual suggests a 2 pole.
I'd say the manual is wrong or that's wiring for parallel operation. The model numbers in your screenshot are identical to SRNE model numbers.

There is a sticker on the side of the inverter with all the specs. Please share a photo of it.

That's correct, you need 2 units to produce split phase. View attachment 185993

I'd say the manual is wrong or that's wiring for parallel operation. The model numbers in your screenshot are identical to SRNE model numbers.

There is a sticker on the side of the inverter with all the specs. Please share a photo of it.
Here is a picture of the specs on the side of the inverter

Attachments

• specs.jpg
    specs.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 7
Here is a picture of the specs on the side of the inverter
Yup, that's definitely only 120v, you'll need a second for 120v/240v.
Ecoworthy should make this clear on their site.
You could still use a dp breaker and leave a leg open for another inverter.
If ecoworthy returns it you could save some money ordering direct from SRNE.

Back