diy solar

diy solar

EEL vs Seplos

Robbert

Solar Enthusiast
Hi,
I am considering to build a third battery and have decided to go for a vertical battery-box.

I would like to buy the box without a BMS and install a BMS that I will buy separately.

Prices of the boxes are similar, but the design is slightly different.
Shipping seems pretty fast for both boxes.

I don't know the difference in quality and can't find a lot information about EEL.

Anyone experience with the EEL vertical box?

There’s a few posts about them, everything I’ve read said the seplos is a “better” kit

There’s a few posts about them, everything I’ve read said the seplos is a “better” kit
Actually there is little information about EEL. I read that someone said it's a cheap knockoff, but basically that's it.

Can't find any information about the quality of the boxes.

I really meant “a few” as in not a lot. I’ve only seen like 3 I think? I’ll try and track them down. But they all seemed to have a similar sentiment imo
I don’t know that any were for the vertical box but the most recent was the thread about the guy ordering the v3 box and receiving the prototype if you will. I don’t remember if that was the cheap knockoff thread or not

I mean I have 3x Seplos Mason kits, that are supposed to be horizontal, on the ground, but mine all stand vertical. They work just fine, and the screen points straight up, so its easier to see

This thread has two buyers that both reported issues with components included.

This next one was the one I referenced above about not getting the v2 box. He states the box itself seems fine/the same quality of others. But the attached hardware/components were not right either

This is what led my initial comment that the seplos just seemed better.

I’ve really been keen on trying the EEL as I can seem to find one available online in the US much easier than a seplos box. But I don’t want to have to replace/fix it either.

This thread has two buyers that both reported issues with components included.

This next one was the one I referenced above about not getting the v2 box. He states the box itself seems fine/the same quality of others. But the attached hardware/components were not right either

This is what led my initial comment that the seplos just seemed better.

I’ve really been keen on trying the EEL as I can seem to find one available online in the US much easier than a seplos box. But I don’t want to have to replace/fix it either.
The experience from Badgrogg is enough. Thanks for that.

I'll go for the Seplos unit.

I'am kind of stubborn and ordered the EEL kit. According to the sales-rep it is in a EU warehouse so should arrive fast.
Will install it with a different BMS. And will share information about the ordering process and the box.

I'am kind of stubborn and ordered the EEL kit. According to the sales-rep it is in a EU warehouse so should arrive fast.
Will install it with a different BMS. And will share information about the ordering process and the box.
Yep, I knew the risk and I bought it anyways. It wasn't terrible. It's just a metal box after all. Better then bare cells sitting on the floor. EEL did not make me a repeat customer though.

My finger are crossed that you get what you order brother!

Yep, I knew the risk and I bought it anyways. It wasn't terrible. It's just a metal box after all. Better then bare cells sitting on the floor. EEL did not make me a repeat customer though.

My finger are crossed that you get what you order brother!
We will see.
The first impression isn't great already...
They where pretty responsive and repeatedly asked for my PayPal details.

After payment no reply whatsoever on a very simple question.

I believe they will ship, but have my doubts about their promise that it would be delivered in 5 working days.

If they do ship according to promise, I'll let that know, if not as well. So everyone will know what to expect.

We will see.
The first impression isn't great already...
They where pretty responsive and repeatedly asked for my PayPal details.

After payment no reply whatsoever on a very simple question.

I believe they will ship, but have my doubts about their promise that it would be delivered in 5
I have 2 of the 280-310AH boxes
1st order box took two weeks from China,
BMS arrived in 10 days
2nd box was here in 5 days, BMS took 12 days.
Problems:
1: wire pulled from PCB linker board(battery wire)
2: Have had 2x of the BMS(200AH) fail.
3: BMS Bluetooth is weak signal when case is assembled. (Willonly talk with app if addressed to #0 on dip switch)
4: All spare parts are from China, I would think a few spars parts would be here( Bad BMS, Screws, EVA tape, Linker boards) Stuff that goes missing when shipped 10k miles)
5: Howard does respond to his emails and has worked to resolve problems (see#4)

****** A modification needs to be made to this and other DIY cases of this size,( A HIGH VOLTAGE BREAKER NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO FRONT OF CASE)

I USE A 2 POLE 125A NADER IN A BOX INBETWEEN BUS BAR AND BATTERY TERMINAL.

Last edited:
Received the EEL box today.
First impression is very good!
Perfectly packed and everything seems to be there.

I like that I can remove the top as well, for easy access to the BMS.

They have added a bay to install an active balancer. A neey will fit perfectly!

Attachments

• IMG_20231025_145908.jpg
    IMG_20231025_145908.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20231025_150227.jpg
    IMG_20231025_150227.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20231025_150435.jpg
    IMG_20231025_150435.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20231025_150439.jpg
    IMG_20231025_150439.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20231025_150535.jpg
    IMG_20231025_150535.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 30
I love what EEL did with the busbars that are included in the the box.
EEL added mounting holes and bolts to connect BMS and Balancer cables.
Never liked that you need to add a bms/balancer cable underneath the 'main' bolts that hold the busbar to the cells. This is a simple but very nice addition to the busbars.

Attachments

• IMG_20231026_132714.jpg
    IMG_20231026_132714.jpg
    1,022.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20231026_132708.jpg
    IMG_20231026_132708.jpg
    981.7 KB · Views: 10
Received the EEL box today.
First impression is very good!
Perfectly packed and everything seems to be there.

I like that I can remove the top as well, for easy access to the BMS.

They have added a bay to install an active balancer. A neey will fit perfectly!
Can you privide a link to the EEL box you purchased?
Thanks
Scat

Can you privide a link to the EEL box you purchased?
Thanks
Scat

I received an email from Howard (he is with EEL) and I asked him to ship the box without a BMS and give me a quote for that. That's what I purchased.

Back