diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18/12 battery communication

Dyotat100

Anyone know what batteries this thing will talk to?

I have Jakiper and SOK which are same protocols.

Thanks

Sok should talk as both batteries and inverter are sold by current connected and are reported to work, so in theory the Jack appear batteries should work as well but they may have different firmware which could prevent that.

Right now I have 6 Jakipers and 4 SOK 's as 7-10. I can see all setting on solar assistant. They use same setting and batteries are very simular.

How about starting with the 4 SOK comms to the inverter, leave the comms cable out of the first jakiper but it's ok to leave the power cables attached if you need all of you batteries to get you through the night.

You mean switch it up right now?

I could but I have to address them to be like that.

I don't have a EG4 18/12. I'm on the edge of buying. My 2 6548's are having issues this year with my AC. 4t with soft start wasn't a problem last year. But the inverters don't seem to like heavy 240v loads anymore. Lights flicker when ever a 240v load goes on or off. Especially when using oven burners that cycle a lot.

Don't want to spend the money but I'm in deep enough that I want a perfect running system

I am not sure the EG 18K will offer you anymore as it presently stands, I have the sp6548 and they had a remarkably robust output.
You might want to check your batteries and cables and make sure they are not bogging down under load.

I have no issue running AC day or night. The issues is starting it when
the temp goes up so the amp requirement to start and run does also. Running house and AC is 40-43%.

I run AC all night long and it is never a issue starting on battery.

I get a weird noise when there is a issue and #2 will flash fault light but never give a code.

I watched a YouTube video where guy started his 2.5t unit and the 18/12 was already running at 9000 w.

Works really good. It's only on these really hot days that things get wierd. It was 97 today. Normal draw on start up is never more the 50%. When things get really hot I saw 100% today on #2. What is wierd is #1 makes a noise and #2 fault flashes with no code and then stops.

Attachments

• 20230726_204526.jpg
    20230726_204526.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 3
Here is the draw now running AC and washing machine. No issues with AC at night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230726-211925_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230726-211925_Chrome.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 3
Back