diy solar

diy solar

18K PV setting for SOK battery?

Dyotat100

Anyone running SOK or Jakiper batteries on EG4 18? Settings are lithium 0-19 with no explanation for what is what. I know it's pylon but don't which is that

Thanks

6 or 0 should work from what i was told in the past
Ok thanks. Haven't tried yet.
I'm having a voltage difference from inverter to batteries. Up to .07 volts lower then batteries. Makes it hard to set absorption and float.

I'm having a voltage difference from inverter to batteries. Up to .07 volts lower then batteries. Makes it hard to set absorption and float.
with close loop you dont need to set that the BMS will tell the inverter those settings

Start conservative. You can compensate for the variation by lowering voltage by 0.1v.

Spitballing here. Without reading your battery manual.

I'd start with 56v and 54.5 float. If the batteries are brand new you may find it helpful to start at 54 and 54. (To facilitate quicker cell balancing)

I'd keep the charge rate under .2C until you have them balanced.

Start conservative. You can compensate for the variation by lowering voltage by 0.1v.

Spitballing here. Without reading your battery manual.

I'd start with 56v and 54.5 float. If the batteries are brand new you may find it helpful to start at 54 and 54. (To facilitate quicker cell balancing)

I'd keep the charge rate under .2C until you have them balanced.
Batteries have been in service for over a year. I'm just trying to get them to where they were with 6548's.
I was 55v and 54.1v float. You put those numbers in and and I stopped it as it was well over 56v yesterday.

Batteries just topped off. They stopped at 54.4v and are floating at 54.2v. Will adjust from here. Problem is inverter is reading .5 volts less then Batteries and lugs where 2 runs of 4/0 go in.

Voltage matched on the 2 6548's. Wouldn't think a better inverter wouldn't be able to read the right voltage at lugs.
You would think.

Per a conversation that I had with LUX it's normal and can be seen on all of the "rebranded" LUX 12K. (aka working as designed)

Lux guy did say he would put in a change request for a calibration setting.

You would think.

Per a conversation that I had with LUX it's normal and can be seen on all of the "rebranded" LUX 12K. (aka working as designed)

Thanks

I have found what it takes to equal where I was before.

Do you think there will be firmware update or is it a hardware thing?

I'm using solar assistant which my batteries are going to with USB cable. I see real voltage and adjusted the inverter to get what I want. So far today all was good. Hoping tomorrow to see 12,000 w of solar. Rearranged my strings. Had them mixed up so I wasn't getting full output out of string #1. Still saw 10,400w

So far I'm pretty happy with the inverter. I have my setup in a spare bedroom. With the 6548's even at night they we're loud. Don't even know this thing is on until the solar comes in hard. Then it's about half as loud as the 6548's.

I haven't even wired the grid into it yet. I have only had to use grid one night in the last 16 months. I had 6548's grid breaker shut off.

Last edited:
You would think.

So today I ran my 4t AC. It worked a few times and now it shuts the inverter off. Have soft start and never had a issue before.

Waiting for them to escalate my problem to higher up

Back