diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18K review

DigitalAdrenaline

Thought I'd give a quick post here to review my experience with EG4 during an install.

In order to qualify for government rebates, I needed to hire out this job. My installer (Krimp electric) recommended SolArk, but as a bit of a contrarian and based on excellent reviews from Will, I went with the EG4s. Installer had never used them before, but I was hopeful. Canadian Offgrid Depot said they were fantastic and he's been great to deal with both at our school and personally, so I trusted him too.

My install consists of 54 Jinko 465w panels, groundmounted. I have 2 18K inverters in my barn which backfeed power into the grid plus powering some equipment in the barn (heater, etc).

Upon turning everything on, there were a few small issues, but the installer/electrician called EG4 (I think Signature Solar). Response was very fast (even at 4pm on a Friday) and the tech on the phone had everything up and running quickly after pushing out a firmware upgrade.

Install looks fantastic, the electricians loved it and plan to promote it in the future. I'm loving it. The inspector said it was one of the nicest installs he had ever seen.

I'm extremely happy with the product and the installation. I look forward to adding another one in my house along with batteries and rooftop solar. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend EG4. I'm a super happy customer.

Photos to follow.

That'll come in a separate post when I move on to phase 2. The property is wired for a farm service, so one set of wires from the pole to the house, and another to the barn. So unfortunately, at least for now, batteries get me nothing, because the house is disconnected by the anti-islanding. I'll solve that after tackling a few other projects.

Back