diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18Kpv battery comm alarm caused by wrong battery brand (maybe)...

Appsdaddy

I have just completed installation of my system and am struggling to get the inverter to "talk to the batteries". I have the EG4 18Kpv w/ Victron Shunt 1000 and 16 LiTime 12vdc LiFePO4 batteries in 4P4S. I think both the inverter and the Victron Lynx Shunt use CAN comms. I think the inverter is not recognizing the batteries because I have no idea which battery brand to select in the drop down menu. I doubt my batteries are listed but surely there is a generic brand type that will allow basic communication. Does anyone know which brand I should select?

I have just completed installation of my system and am struggling to get the inverter to "talk to the batteries". I have the EG4 18Kpv w/ Victron Shunt 1000 and 16 LiTime 12vdc LiFePO4 batteries in 4P4S. I think both the inverter and the Victron Lynx Shunt use CAN comms. I think the inverter is not recognizing the batteries because I have no idea which battery brand to select in the drop down menu. I doubt my batteries are listed but surely there is a generic brand type that will allow basic communication. Does anyone know which brand I should select?

You have no path to resolution.

The BMS must communicate with the inverter. The Lynx Shunt is likely worthless to you. You need to purchase batteries that can communicate with your inverter if that's your goal.

If you select lead acid batteries, will it let you enter the batteries charge valves in? Since lead acid does not have coms.

Last night I was thinking more about this and came up with that same solution to try today. The inverter can run with lead acid batteries so if I define the batteries as lead acid and use voltage monitoring it should clear the alarm. Thanks for your response!

Also you can use the "on-grid cut-off Volt" and "off-grid cut-off volt" to manage the lower batteries volts

And "Battery Priority Stop Volts" for the top end of the batteries Volts

Back