diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18Kpv Upgrade Program?

Surf

Just got an email from Signature Solar regarding the 18kPV upgrade offer. For those not familiar yet, If you purchased a 6k or 6500 unit before May 1st you are eligible for a $750 credit towards the purchase of an 18K unit. So as it reads, if you purchased multiple units, you can stack them for $750 each towards purchase. So if you bought two 6k or 6.5k units, that is $1500 off the 18K. You keep the 6k units, but you forfeit the 1-year warranty. Thoughts? Has anyone done this yet? Any issues?

I have the quote back from them it expires the seventh I’m weighing my options based on what has been going on in the other two ongoing threads about it. I need to know if it truly is and “upgrade”.

Just got an email from Signature Solar regarding the 18kPV upgrade offer. For those not familiar yet, If you purchased a 6k or 6500 unit before May 1st you are eligible for a $750 credit towards the purchase of an 18K unit. So as it reads, if you purchased multiple units, you can stack them for $750 each towards purchase. So if you bought two 6k or 6.5k units, that is $1500 off the 18K. You keep the 6k units, but you forfeit the 1-year warranty. Thoughts? Has anyone done this yet? Any issues?
I too have 2 EG4 6500EX's & must have gotten a similar email from SS for a trade in program for them to goto the 18K.

I guess I haven't really read enough on the 18k to figure out why & what the upside is to going to it over the 2-6500's.
I'm completely off grid & likely always will be. One thing though, I guess I lose redundancy unless I bought 2 18k's. ($)

BTW I'm currently running only 1:6500, 4kw of panels, with 4-EG4 Lifepower4 batteries but will be erecting my arrays for the rest of my panels for 22kw total & 8 more batteries late this fall. Please kindly inform me as to why I should upgrade over what I have. Thx

Last edited:
I purchased my 18Kpv and it was worth the purchase. Now I need to buy an electric vehicle so I can put my old 6500ex to work as a charger.

I purchased my 18Kpv and it was worth the purchase. Now I need to buy an electric vehicle so I can put my old 6500ex to work as a charger.
So how do you get the upgrade? I’ve got 2 6500s, I’ve tried to order the 18kpv but there is no option for the discount. I have emailed them twice but get no reply. I am ready to buy….
All I get from them is the message that I left something in my cart.

So how do you get the upgrade? I’ve got 2 6500s, I’ve tried to order the 18kpv but there is no option for the discount. I have emailed them twice but get no reply. I am ready to buy….
All I get from them is the message that I left something in my cart.
Try calling. I recall reading a few post back about someone called.

I purchased my 18Kpv before they offered the upgrade.

There is another thread with the link posted but its also in the YouTube video they posted on their channel in description. Just fill out the form and they will call you they called me next business day and emailed me a quote, I ordered mine this morning.

Thanks, I will try to call. I saw the video the other day but didn’t see anything about how to order.

I too have 2 EG4 6500EX's & must have gotten a similar email from SS for a trade in program for them to goto the 18K.

I guess I haven't really read enough on the 18k to figure out why & what the upside is to going to it over the 2-6500's.
I'm completely off grid & likely always will be. One thing though, I guess I lose redundancy unless I bought 2 18k's. ($)

BTW I'm currently running only 1:6500, 4kw of panels, with 4-EG4 Lifepower4 batteries but will be erecting my arrays for the rest of my panels for 22kw total & 8 more batteries late this fall. Please kindly inform me as to why I should upgrade over what I have. Thx
You get to keep your 6500 but loose your warranty on them.

diy solar

diy solar
Back