diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 24k line set is too short.

Rosstafarian

Hello,
I purchased a eg4 24k mini split with the pre charged line set from signature solar.
It looks like the line set will not be long enough and they do not have or offer a longer line set.
I’ll need to make this one longer or purchase a longer pre charged set.
Question 1: does anyone have a source for a 25’ pre charged line set that is compatible with this system? (I think it’s actually a pre vacuumed line set.)

Question 2: if I make or modify the existing set, I see no service ports on the compressor to pull a vacuum, test, and charge the lines. Do I have to make a service port with a t fitting to be able to service the lines. This begs the question if I have to charge the system in the future how do I service this unit?

Thank you.

I am in this same position. I had a location I was planning to mount the 24k unit and the window frame is about 1/2" bigger on the outside and will not work. So I have another alternative location that happens to be in the front of the house which can work well, but i'll need to conceal the setup more and not have the condenser in the way of other things. I would ideally like to run the lines through the wall and temporarily remove some siding. (It needs paint again anyways after re-siding the house 3 yrs ago). The 16' is just way too close and it will look like crap unless I build some kind of small structure over it. 25' would get the unit in the shade and inside the walls. You have to go at an angle due to the drainage. Any help would be appreciated. It's going to be 105 here on Wednesday in Northern CA. The existing 18000 btu window ac unit will not cut it. Swamp cooler is pretty much shot that we used for the last 5 yrs. Plus can add more panels directly to the a/c so it saves the battery power saved on the solark 15k I own for nights which has crazy rates w/ PG&E. Makes a lot of sense. Getting an A/C guy out here will be a grand at least.

3 days now after reaching out to eg4 with no response. No phone number available as well. Have to use the web form. Inquiring about either additional lineset or warranty related issues with having an a/c company come out and extend the lineset.

This might be an option. I reached out to the mfg and it sounds like it's compatible w/ eg4. They must be using Deye equipment as well. airspool has an extended line set option.

This might be an option. I reached out to the mfg and it sounds like it's compatible w/ eg4. They must be using Deye equipment as well. airspool has an extended line set option.
Yes they are using Deye, did he understand you have quick connections already?? His add on quick connects (nice!) look like they start by attaching to 1st gen flares. But, hopefully he has adapters to work for you in some fashion - and he can make exact length linesets.

Keep us posted please.

Back