diy solar

diy solar

Need a 24k BTU, How is the DELLA 24000 BTU? Been wanting the EG4 till i found out battery issue

mytime

South Louisiana extreme heat and humidity. Just built a small office (1100 sqft) in my shop (3,000sq ft). Office will be temp control. Spray foam insulation will be done in 3 days.

Been looking at the eg4 hybrid for many, many months, was set on it, till I realized from here, that you can not run from battery at night, Just solar during the day and grid at night and mixture of the 2. Now I am set on a reg mini split and later, will just add solar to the build, for everything. Now I am interested in the DELLA 24000 BTU, due to it being over 1k cheaper than Mr cool and comes with pre charged lines as well. 19 SEER2 Cools Up to 1500 Sq.Ft, with 2 Ton Heat Pump Pre-Charged for $1,300

Will this be a good fit for my needs or should I be looking at something else? May or may not add solar at the end of the year.

Update, Now interested in Senville LETO Mini Split Air Conditioner Heat Pump, 24000 BTU 208/230V, Inverter, Works with Alexa, SEER2 18, 2 Ton

Last edited:
The AURA Series for about $600 more, looks like you get extra 5 year warranty for a total of 10 years on compressor, 5 on parts and a better seer @ 21.5 (leto is seer 19) (old 4 ton on house has a seer of like 14). The Aura may be overkill but may be worth it for the warranty alone.

South Louisiana extreme heat and humidity. Just built a small office (1100 sqft) in my shop (3,000sq ft). Office will be temp control. Spray foam insulation will be done in 3 days.

Been looking at the eg4 hybrid for many, many months, was set on it, till I realized from here, that you can not run from battery at night, Just solar during the day and grid at night and mixture of the 2. Now I am set on a reg mini split and later, will just add solar to the build, for everything. Now I am interested in the DELLA 24000 BTU, due to it being over 1k cheaper than Mr cool and comes with pre charged lines as well. 19 SEER2 Cools Up to 1500 Sq.Ft, with 2 Ton Heat Pump Pre-Charged for $1,300

Will this be a good fit for my needs or should I be looking at something else? May or may not add solar at the end of the year.

Update, Now interested in Senville LETO Mini Split Air Conditioner Heat Pump, 24000 BTU 208/230V, Inverter, Works with Alexa, SEER2 18, 2 Ton
You can run off battery but need inverter.

Back