diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 24K Mini split no start?

SolarScott

Solar Enthusiast
This is my fourth 24K mini split to install. All the others worked like a charm. This one is not starting up or even showing the green solar indicator, nothing. Remote lights up and seems to be functioning. I check voltage at the incoming wire to my IMO switch (250 volts). Can't check it coming out because it has to be off to open the case. Any thoughts?

I take it no AC power to this one based on your description??

Why can't you turn the disconnect off, pull the MC4's apart at unit, then turn disconnect back on / check voltage??

I take it no AC power to this one based on your description??

Why can't you turn the disconnect off, pull the MC4's apart at unit, then turn disconnect back on / check voltage??
No plans for ac input in these two in my barn. I have never had much luck getting mc 4 connectors apart, and with my luck, I will break something. The other unit is working intermittently today due to clouds....maybe that is what is keeping the other one from initial power up. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow, I will try again.

No plans for ac input in these two in my barn. I have never had much luck getting mc 4 connectors apart, and with my luck, I will break something. The other unit is working intermittently today due to clouds....maybe that is what is keeping the other one from initial power up. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow, I will try again.
Snap ring pliers work great for getting them apart.

Well, well, well.....MC4 positive male end was not connected in the connector...the one deep inside the unit, not the easy to reach one sticking out of the case...glad it was not touching ground in the case. Up and running. Unit number 4.

Back