diy solar

diy solar

EG4 24K mini split

Did you have lots of Solar / HVAC experience before this. Thinking about taking the plunge with this system, but I'm really dumb with this stuff.
None here either. Lots of other DIY...
Swinging hammers, turning wrenches, building things, fixing things, throwing shit in frustration, lots of household electrical, lots of common sense and thinking ahead...
It's really not difficult if your a hands on person...

OK ... not sure where you are located or who you will order from (Could be and EG4 from Signature Solar in Texas, or could be a Deye Unit from somewhere else world wide) ... but I would suggest downloading whatever unit you considers spec sheet.

The EG4 / Deye Solar AC (same unit) specs and dimensions and manual are here

So I noticed these hybrid AC/DC units are rated at 25 SEER. They also have other standard AC powered units that are rated at 38 SEER. For upstate NY would it be better to go with a 38 SEER unit for better performance especially in winter time?

I didn't want the pre charged line set. Because I didn't want the extra length (can't be cut) rolled up at the outside until.
Is it possible to buy the lines seperat
None here either. Lots of other DIY...
Swinging hammers, turning wrenches, building things, fixing things, throwing shit in frustration, lots of household electrical, lots of common sense and thinking ahead...
It's really not difficult if your a hands on person...
Thanks for the inspiration. I already have so much DIY projects in the house, these units seem daunting. But like you said..."lots of YouTube videos."

So I noticed these hybrid AC/DC units are rated at 25 SEER. They also have other standard AC powered units that are rated at 38 SEER. For upstate NY would it be better to go with a 38 SEER unit for better performance especially in winter time?

38 Seer sounds insanely great. However, I'm curious who the original manufacturer is in China. Gree? Sadly many of these excellent units are all stickers slapped onto Gree units. Wondering if it's just better to order from Gree directly from China. They have many forward thinking mini-splits that don't even exist on the US Gree website, let alone anything in the US.

38 Seer sounds insanely great.
I'm skeptical because the highest values I have seen are 33 SEER for top-line and small units (6k) by Mitsubishi and Fujitsu, both tier 1 brands. I do recall that Hotspot Energy described calculating SEER was different when using self-generated DC or something to that effect.

I'm skeptical because the highest values I have seen are 33 SEER for top-line and small units (6k) by Mitsubishi and Fujitsu, both tier 1 brands. I do recall that Hotspot Energy described calculating SEER was different when using self-generated DC or something to that effect.
There's an HVAC guy out of Arizona who runs and amazing AC blog. He swears by these high performing Gree units. He is starting to place them higher than the big 3 (Daikin Fujitsu, Mitsubishi) for best bang for buck.

There's an HVAC guy out of Arizona who runs and amazing AC blog. He swears by these high performing Gree units. He is starting to place them higher than the big 3 (Daikin Fujitsu, Mitsubishi) for best bang for buck.
Do you have a link to the blog? I'd love to see it.

Here's his blog with GREE in keyword search. He's done a number of reviews on them. Sorry for sounding like a sales guy. I'm just doing heavy research to make a good bang-for-buck choice.

Here's his blog with GREE in keyword search. He's done a number of reviews on them. Sorry for sounding like a sales guy. I'm just doing heavy research to make a good bang-for-buck choice.

Thanks! And you didn't sounds like a sales guy -- I'm in the same study mode!

Gree Sapphire claims down to -22F, I want one, but no warranty unless professionally installed.

://www.greecomfort.com/our-products/sapphire/

So I guess there's an IRA tax credit of up to $2k for air source heat pumps as long as they meet certain criteria:

Screenshot_20230515_211425_Chrome.jpg

38 Seer sounds insanely great. However, I'm curious who the original manufacturer is in China. Gree? Sadly many of these excellent units are all stickers slapped onto Gree units. Wondering if it's just better to order from Gree directly from China. They have many forward thinking mini-splits that don't even exist on the US Gree website, let alone anything in the US.
deye is oem

Gree Sapphire claims down to -22F, I want one, but no warranty unless professionally installed.

://www.greecomfort.com/our-products/sapphire/
I'm wondering if people end up installing it DIY anyway and using saved money to purchase spare parts to future proof.

Back