diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 3000w all in one inverter not outputting ac

Jmac11

Anyone know why my new eg4 3000w all in one inverter may not be outputting ac? Brand new system. Functioned fine until we hooked up panels today and charged with both generator and panels (charged last time with just the gen, no issues). It charged fine, but no ac power coming from unit now. System is in an rv. Not grid tied. No warnings, faults, nothing. Nothing appears to have been tripped. Partner not back until tomorrow- I am not comfy opening inverter and checking connections. Ideas?

No circuit breakers tripped?

did you power the inverter off and on?

Are the batteries not outputting to the inverter?
maybe the batteries are giving a warning or fault.

check what the inverter reads the batteries voltage as.
does it look right?
setting 29 - low DC cutoff. inverter will not discharge from the batteries if the batteries are below the defined voltage.

setting 4 - power saving saving mode.. inverter will not power on if there is not a big enough load.
are you set to enable or disable?

these are the only things I can think of right now that you could check without doing any voltage readings on any wires.

Anyone know why my new eg4 3000w all in one inverter may not be outputting ac? Brand new system. Functioned fine until we hooked up panels today and charged with both generator and panels (charged last time with just the gen, no issues). It charged fine, but no ac power coming from unit now. System is in an rv. Not grid tied. No warnings, faults, nothing. Nothing appears to have been tripped. Partner not back until tomorrow- I am not comfy opening inverter and checking connections. Ideas?

Not trying to be a dick... but you can charge with AC and PV when the unit is off.... is the inverter on?

does it look right?
setting 29 - low DC cutoff. inverter will not discharge from the batteries if the batteries are below the defined voltage.

setting 4 - power saving saving mode.. inverter will not power on if there is not a big enough load.

these are the only things I can think of right now that you could check without doing any voltage readings on any wires.
Nothing tripped.
I did power the inverter on and off to no avail.
I don’t see any warnings related to the batteries or anything else.
I’m not sure where to see what the current battery voltage is exactly? The cuttoff appears to be 42 volts on setting 29, but can’t really tell anything else from looking at it.
Setting 4 reads 5d5

Thanks

does it look right?

Updating the fix…turns out the ac out wire was loose. It was torqued to spec, but apparently came loose when pv wiring was put in earlier in the day.

Back