diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000 XP Discharge cut-off voltage is WAY too low in lead-acid mode using LiFePo4.

PCbyTC

I know enough to not be too dangerous
Hello, I have an EG4 6000 XP (Soon to be 2), I have a hodge-podge of 200AH lithium batteries attached to it, so I have to run in lead-acid mode.
Which is fine, I have a shunt and all the batteries are Bluetooth. The issue I'm having is, on most days, it runs the batteries completely flat (BMS Cut-off) and I really don't want to do that. The web console states I can set the batteries to a higher cut-off voltage (pictured, I tried 46V but I'd like to be at true 20% which should be 51.2V), yet when I attempt to do so, it shows an error (Operation failed, error code: 3). I'm hoping an EG4 rep sees my post as I consider this a significant firmware bug.

Now, the manual states the highest you can set cut-off to (in LA mode) is 42V. That's just WAY too low for LifePo4. But because I have "Generic" batteries with no comms, I'm forced to use LA mode.

The only solution I can think of is buying a battery that will integrate properly, But that solution sucks for me financially.
Am I wrong here, or do we need the firmware tweaked to allow a much higher cut-off Voltage in Lead acid mode? (Like the web interface states)
Someone have another solution?

1720009038181.png

The solution is extremely simple. First set a Battery warning voltage more than Discharge cut-off voltage.
There is an internal that prevents Warning V < Cut-off V

Look carefully at the tooltip upon hovering. It already says the range is from 40V~56V.

The solution is extremely simple. First set a Battery warning voltage more than Discharge cut-off voltage.
There is an internal that prevents Warning V < Cut-off V

Look carefully at the tooltip upon hovering. It already says the range is from 40V~56V.
Ok Cool, yes I just set it to 51.2, I'll see how it goes. Thanks!

Set it to around 50.
51.2 is still ~30% for 16× LFP
Plus, you don't want cutoff if a high load comes on and voltage sags.
I'm running in UPS mode, so it falls back to grid if it pulls too much. It's been doing that reliably.
I changed the alarm settings and also setting 12 on the unit (EoD) I raised to 50v the unit is charging now and just coming out of "Notice" status.

Thanks for the info, I believe I can now tweak this to where I want between those settings and the info from my shunt.
Every day you learn something is a good day, Today is a good day.

-Tim

diy solar

diy solar
Back