diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP EPS goes off under surge load

BrianVeg

Solar Enthusiast
My 2 X 6000XP’s EPS output goes off when my AC starts (with a soft start) when grid is not present.

It throws 2 warnings on the monitoring site and then inverters shutdown:
  • EPS Voltage High, followed by
  • PV Isolation Low
Here’s my configuration:
  • 2 X 6000XP’s
  • 4 X Ruixu Batteries
  • PV is present somewhere around 2500 to 3500 watts when issue happened
Max Discharge current is set to 280amps (140amp per inverter based on EG4’s recent recommendation)

On the soft start last peak current shows 26.6 amps X 240V = 6,384 watts

Other loads are approximately 1kW.

When I turn the Grid back on the system goes into bypass mode and loads are powered.

The PV Isolation low error remains for about 20mins, once that error clears everything goes back to normal.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
The PV Isolation low error remains for about 20mins, once that error clears everything goes back to normal.

Thoughts?
PV isolation low error seems odd.
It makes me wonder what is getting through the isolation.
Is everything grounded correctly?

What was the battery percentage when this test was conducted, and were they powering other loads simultaneously?

Battery Percentage was approx 38%. The only other loads that were being powered were my steady state loads of ~1kW

Is everything grounded correctly?
I truly believe it is. It’s a weird error in that it only occurs after EPS Voltage High.

1. Air off
2. AC in to inverters off
3. Loads at 1685watts
4. Battery at 26%
5. PV off

Turned Air on -

1. EPS Voltage High and
2. All EPS output off.

Fans rev’d up high for a bit

No PV Isolation error

Turned Air Breaker back off and EPS output came back! EPS Voltage High Warning cleared

Did this work previously or new behavior?
Good question. I just put PV into production about 2 weeks ago. Before that I was primarily running AC First. I thought I tested this when I put my Soft Start in, but really can’t be 100% sure.

With AC In PRESENT (meaning on) and the Max Discharge Current set to 280amps I can run both the Air and Water Heater from Battery or PV and Battery.

With AC In PRESENT (meaning on) and the Max Discharge Current set to 280amps I can run both the Air and Water Heater from Battery or PV and Battery.
So grid breaker on and discharging batteries(inverting), it works. If grid breaker off and discharging(inverting obviously), it does not?

If statements above are true, please check your log to see if you still get EPS overload even with Grid available.

I’m not super familiar with multi-6000xp installs. Do you have to increase the output current on both inverters? It almost seems like one isn’t picking up the load.

I’m not super familiar with multi-6000xp installs. Do you have to increase the output current on both inverters? It almost seems like one isn’t picking up the load.
Wonder if battery has a low cell and is going into undervolt protection

Do you have to increase the output current on both inverters?
They work in parallel, what ever setting on put on the first inverter is picked up by the 2nd inverter.

So grid breaker on and discharging batteries(inverting), it works. If grid breaker off and discharging(inverting obviously), it does not?
Correct

Did you check to see if you still get EPS Overload with grid available?

diy solar

diy solar
Back