diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp EPS overload

With two inverters, I would make sure that the discharge current limit is adjusted for parallel use to avoid the EPS overload. This should be set to 280a. However, the 6000XP recommends a minimum of 200Ah per inverter so I would set this to the max discharge current of 200A for the one WallMount battery.

This is what EG4 sent me.
So with your 6 batteries at 100amp a piece for a total of 600Ah with three inverters for a minimum of 200ah looks like you can crank yours up easily to 280amp to start. To a max of 420.

My insta hot water heater will spike to 8000 watts
Just a thought, but maybe not ideal for a battery-centric system. Even a hybrid hot water heater using its resistive elements doesn't come close to that. Instant/tankless electric hot water heaters are not ideal for solar/battery.

Just a thought, but maybe not ideal for a battery-centric system. Even a hybrid hot water heater using its resistive elements doesn't come close to that. Instant/tankless electric hot water heaters are not ideal for solar/battery.
Mine works amazing love that this system can handle my 8kw water heater. I say it every time I am in the shower it’s quick and hot fast. Only runs for 5-10 min or so each time it’s used for showers. And my system is half the system of Solar Scott’s. He should have no issue, just like me he has to find the sweet spot in his settings and his hardware setup.

Just as a comparison, my tankless *natgas* unit can operate at over 50kW.

That would be a crazy number of batteries and inverters for a need that's quite intermittent.

A tank-type water heater makes the most sense, to run on solar and/or batteries.

Just as a comparison, my tankless *natgas* unit can operate at over 50kW.

That would be a crazy number of batteries and inverters for a need that's quite intermittent.

A tank-type water heater makes the most sense, to run on solar and/or batteries.
not sure why you would want to run a water heater all day everyday on Solar when you can just use energy for hot water in 5min increments? Give or take. Unless you have a large tub you fill a lot or have 5 girls taking showers all day or a large family but then Solar only, probably is not very viable. But when you have 2-3 people in a house? But I’m sure many in this forum have conventional water heaters and are doing fine. And a standard washer and dryer. My house only averages 12-15kw a day. Can spike up to 20kw if real hot out side. For a family of 2 and my kids who do thier laundry here every other day. Crazy kids. But my laundry machine is an all in one running on 120v. An amazing matching. Just don’t be afraid of installing a small electric insta hot it works amazing if building a new small house.

Attachments

• IMG_9425.jpeg
    IMG_9425.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 0

diy solar

diy solar
Back