diy solar

diy solar

Duel 6000xp in parallel or new 12kpv

This is what concerns me...If James can't run SS like a proper company then why is EG4 any different. Honest question and one that should be asked when spending a lot of money with a company. Warranty, replacements..will they even have in stock replacements. Even if I use Current Connect Dexter is still relying on James.
I would tend to agree, however I think customer services was not James' long suit. I think he hired people to assume those roles who were somewhat better at it, but it definitely took a while to ramp it up and get a cadre of people that can handle it.

Tim doesn't like the way they named the higher end inverters? :p
Nope, I'm not a fan of silliness.
If you believe in your product, you don't need gimmicks.
They should have had more faith in it.
But with the previous product lines, I guess they thought it was necessary.

I would tend to agree, however I think customer services was not James' long suit. I think he hired people to assume those roles who were somewhat better at it, but it definitely took a while to ramp it up and get a cadre of people that can handle it.
I agree to a point. I mean I still see threads here often where people say they can't even get a call back. That's the basics. And, someone just recently joined their forum for the sole purpose of getting SS attention and that's horrible; you shouldn't have to hunt down the vendor on a public forum.

I will say..it does look like they have made baby steps in improving. I want them to succeed, more competition equals better prices.

This thing actually looks interesting. At this point I probably would not drop out of the EG4 ecosystem, but we are seeing a lot more options these days. I'd be curious how this bad boy would handle starting my HVAC, that to me is the biggest achilles heel on these units. Even in parallel they can fall over if you hit them too hard all at once. I just wish they would go on up to 50A (12KW) with these things. I really think 100A with two units would pretty much handle an all-electric home with no difficulty. I've found the EV is a big wrench in the gears I'm working thru now.

I for one would never dedicate an inverter for an EV, but 10KW should be about where you would need to be. Let us know how this thing performs.
Well it wouldn't be dedicated EV charging it was going to power my shop and equipment building behind it they are both 1500sq ft

My thought was to build a climate controlled shack on my 3.7kw trailer array with 20kwh or so of battery and place it never the shop. I would like to disconnect shop building from house building due to added lightning risk.

I currently have over a 1/4mile of electrical circuits in the ground that I'd like to isolate and supplement with small solar systems. Isolation could be as simple as a pedestal with an RV and range cord at each end. This way if solar isn't enough for saws and welders power can be temporarily supplemented.

20240722_101753.jpg

Mowing grass right now
20240727_181144.jpg20240727_183632.jpg

I agree to a point. I mean I still see threads here often where people say they can't even get a call back. That's the basics. And, someone just recently joined their forum for the sole purpose of getting SS attention and that's horrible; you shouldn't have to hunt down the vendor on a public forum.

I will say..it does look like they have made baby steps in improving. I want them to succeed, more competition equals better prices.
Indeed, we've also seen a number of polite responses posted here often outlining issues much more complex than advertised in the original complaint that was posted, that mitigated much of complaint.

I went to work for a company where we seemed to have issues with all of our vendors, at which point, we determined that if all of our vendors suck, maybe the problem isn't the vendors. . . Sometimes you get the new guy and have to nudge them in the right direction.

diy solar

diy solar
Back