diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP Upgrade

Feel free to DM me the serial number for the Wi-Fi dongle and inverter. I can look into this for you.
Inverter# 4093740055
Dongle# BJ40172373

Also do you know the latest firmware # for the Inverter? I also read that my EG4 Lifepower4 batteries should be upgraded to latest. They were upgraded in January. Thanks

Inverter# 4093740055
Dongle# BJ40172373

Also do you know the latest firmware # for the Inverter? I also read that my EG4 Lifepower4 batteries should be upgraded to latest. They were upgraded in January. Thanks

The dongle should be reset and ready to pair. As for the latest inverter firmware, it should be 180C0D and if the LifePower4 were upgraded in January, they should be ready to communicate.

The dongle should be reset and ready to pair. As for the latest inverter firmware, it should be 180C0D and if the LifePower4 were upgraded in January, they should be ready to communicate.
Ok, I got the first inverter firmware upgraded but the second inverter dongle top LED is flashing. Unplugged, tried resetting and reinstalling and no luck. I press the button on the dongle and hold for 30 seconds but nothing. I assume that is the way to reset? This dongle was working earlier?
Also the monitor app on my phone has a bug. Cannot use the settings page. Message says app has a bug and to reset after publisher has come up with a fix?

Could you post a picture of the Wi-Fi dongle lights and the communication board on the 6000XP?
I swapped out the dongles to each inverter and the problem stayed with the dongle in question. That tells me it is a problem with the dongle? Do you agree?

Attachments

• 20240514_171022.jpg
    20240514_171022.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240514_171018.jpg
    20240514_171018.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240515_133436.jpg
    20240515_133436.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240515_133443.jpg
    20240515_133443.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 4
Right now I have been working with SS. Would you rather take care of t

Signature Solar should be able to provide you with a replacement. However, feel free to reach out if needed.
Ok thanks. About the problem with the APP. Like I said I get a message that the app has a bug after I click on settings and the app shuts down and exits to home page on my phone. Is there a bug associated with this app? I cannot change any settings at all. All other functions are normal. I deleted it and then reinstalled but the same thing?

Ok thanks. About the problem with the APP. Like I said I get a message that the app has a bug after I click on settings and the app shuts down and exits to home page on my phone. Is there a bug associated with this app? I cannot change any settings at all. All other functions are normal. I deleted it and then reinstalled but the same thing?

Is this on IOS or Android? I have not seen this; however, I do know there was a recent update to both applications.

Just to confirm that I got the same message about a bug with the app today as well. You can't access the Settings section.

Just to confirm that I got the same message about a bug with the app today as well. You can't access the Settings section
When I am connected via my router, and I try to access the settings it exits out of the app and says that there is a bug present. It does not do that when I just connect without internet.

That seems reasonable and smart to have 4, but this light flickering is really uncalled for. Its been shown to be common to the 6500s. And the major issue I had where it could have done some damage to a home appliance. You would have thought there would have been some sort of safeguard to prevent only one inverter to go offline on a 240V system. I was surprised. I guess you are used to the flickering lights by now! Is it to late for you to return them?
a few months ago signature solar said in a news letter that people were having trouble with light flickering on the 6500 and they had a download for the inverters [you get from them] and it would fix this problem. I hope because I will have everything in my system complete by next week.

a few months ago signature solar said in a news letter that people were having trouble with light flickering on the 6500 and they had a download for the inverters [you get from them] and it would fix this problem. I hope because I will have everything in my system complete by next week.
I just returned my 6500s because of that problem and other stuff. I never got that newsletter and they did not offer any download to fix the problem. I have 2 6000xps now and absolutely zero light flicker. Hope you have better results than I did with the 6500s!

diy solar

diy solar
Back