diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500 EX-48 at high altitude or alternatives

i just noticed that Operating Altitude bit too on the EG4 6500, WTH? so most of utah, colorado, and new mexico are out of luck plus half of AZ and anyone living in real mountains? in albuquerque i've never once heard about any kind of electronic issues. there is no issue with living at 5000-6000 feet other than boiling water and baking taking a bit longer and don't try running up a hill until you've been here a couple of weeks.

i just noticed that Operating Altitude bit too on the EG4 6500, WTH? so most of utah, colorado, and new mexico are out of luck plus half of AZ and anyone living in real mountains? in albuquerque i've never once heard about any kind of electronic issues. there is no issue with living at 5000-6000 feet other than boiling water and baking taking a bit longer and don't try running up a hill until you've been here a couple of weeks.
and i just checked they have no problem with shipping the EG4 6500 to me, so in other words, they are deliberately allowing me to void the warranty?

i'm no electronics expert but it seems strange that these all-in-one systems would be less efficient above 1500 meters?
The thinner air makes cooling the components more difficult. Results in over heating which causes the efficiency loss...

...is how it was explained to me. I live slightly above sea level in east Texas, so I have not seen real world results, only read case studies.

The thinner air makes cooling the components more difficult. Results in over heating which causes the efficiency loss...

...is how it was explained to me. I live slightly above sea level in east Texas, so I have not seen real world results, only read case studies.
ok that makes sense, i guess we could just put in slight more powerful fans?

I've heard people talking about doing that, but I never heard back on how it went. I wish i could remember the specific model number they discussed, but it was a fan that is used quite a bit on gaming computers.
furthermore, if the unit was used in a climate controlled environment i assume cooling would not be a major issue even at 1500-3000 meters

When I’ve used big DC power supplies for motor drives, I believe the primary concerns at altitude was the big filter capacitors and the reduced external atmosphere could cause them to burst more easily.

Back