diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500 EX48 (just a single unit)

I bought the SS 200amp breakers...2/0 cables all the way to my batteries.

I finally got around to setting this up (was first building an out building to put the panels on/equipment in) and I will say it started out rough. I probably should have unpacked everything when I got it. The one thing I did open right away was the battery rack, it was bent all out of shape. Signature Solar sent some replacement parts and it worked out alright but is definitely still pretty bent up. What I didn't open right away was the batteries. One was fine but the other was smashed. One of the handles on the front was pretty much flattened.

I hooked everything up and powered on the batteries/inverter and sure enough got the dreaded 61 error. I tried to upgrade the firmware but that failed, maybe because I was using a mac with Windows 10 loaded on it. I kept getting failed coms when trying to update the drivers. After much research I decided to run the coms from the batteries to the inverter, which failed many times until I realized the main battery needs the dipswitches set to 0000 and then finally flipping the cable. Finally the 61 error is gone.

So the batteries working and the rack is holding up. I have an array of 12 panels, 2 strands in parallel of 6 in series. I have them wired up running to the inverter (with a cut off switch in there) and they are charging my 2 batteries. At noon I was pulling about 2500kw.

So now the problem I am having is my AC out doesn't seem to be live. I connected the Line/Neutral/Ground to the AC out and when the whole system is on and running, batteries fully charged, solar power coming in, there is no voltage on those lines. Anyone know if there's a step I have to do or am I missing something?

Attachments

• PXL_20230128_152646234.jpg
    PXL_20230128_152646234.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230206_002150907.jpg
    PXL_20230206_002150907.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20230206_002132883.jpg
    PXL_20230206_002132883.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 6
Congrats on getting your system set up.

Are you checking for voltage on the terminals at the inverter?

Do you have AC in hooked up?

So I've run wires to the Line/Neutral/Ground and am testing those. I have nothing in the AC in.

Right, are you testing your wiring or are you testing the output at the terminals?

The inverters not in standby mode is it? In standby mode it will take in Solar and charge the batteries but the unit will not be inverting and there won’t be any output.

Right, are you testing your wiring or are you testing the output at the terminals?

The inverters not in standby mode is it? In standby mode it will take in Solar and charge the batteries but the unit will not be inverting and there won’t be any output.
I've just been testing the wiring but I could test the terminals in the inverter as well. I will do that next. And I can take a picture of the icons showing on the screen. I don't think it's in standby mode, to me it looks like it is in "battery mode".

Noob mistake, my clamp tester reverts to DC every time you switch between V/A so I was testing DC voltage on the AC line. It's a solid 120v coming out of the inverter so I must just have my electric panel wired up wrong.

No worries. We’ve all made simple mistakes. Glad it’s something simple like that!

Now that you know you have power at the terminals, just follow the lines.

Back