diy solar

diy solar

EG4-6500 parameters changing

EPicTony

Solar Enthusiast
Battery type set to EG4 - fyi. Yesterday I had parameter 12/13 set to 10%SOC and 90%SOC. Checked today and they are both now 0.:(
I also had max charging current set to 120A, checked to day and one inverter is set to 10a and the other is set to 70a.
Charging priority is set to solar only .
What is going on with changing parameters -VERY FRUSTRATING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your issue. Can you tell me what firmware version your inverters are running? I know I was talking to someone who kept losing their settings and I believe when they upgraded their firmware to the latest version, it resolved their issue.

I saw your other post as well, I'm assuming both are related to the same issue.

Sorry to hear about your issue. Can you tell me what firmware version your inverters are running? I know I was talking to someone who kept losing their settings and I believe when they upgraded their firmware to the latest version, it resolved their issue.

I saw your other post as well, I'm assuming both are related to the same issue.
How can I check the firmware level ? thanks !

Press the up or down arrows on your inverter display till you see U1 at the top of the screen.

Battery type set to EG4 - fyi. Yesterday I had parameter 12/13 set to 10%SOC and 90%SOC. Checked today and they are both now 0.:(
I also had max charging current set to 120A, checked to day and one inverter is set to 10a and the other is set to 70a.
Charging priority is set to solar only .
What is going on with changing parameters -VERY FRUSTRATING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agree with w8dev here, the most recent firmware was designed to target this issue.

Firmware is 79.02 one 1 and 79.03 on the other
What is the latest firmware ? Did the programming cable come with the inverters ? Or do I need to spend more money to get one ? :(

Firmware is 79.02 one 1 and 79.03 on the other
Yeah, you'll want to update both of those to the latest version.

The first link is where to get the firmware, the second is how to install it.

If you do not already have one, I attached a link to the cable that needs to be used to make the update work. We had been sending them out, but we ran out and are waiting on a new shipment to come in. However, if you purchase this cable, DM me a screenshot of your receipt and I'll add a credit to your account with us that you can use at anytime in the future.

Hey guys, I’d just like to say that I’m having this exact same problem and I updated my firmware version the other day. This is super frustrating, I have my settings so that 12 is 20% 13 is 45% and 29 is 20%. All these settings keep going to zero which you cannot even adjust them to once you go to set them. Running firmware 79.03 on both inverters.

Would need to know what the input is. Are we talking solar or grid input? If solar, how much? Several factors will come into play, it's difficult to make a full assessment without some more info. Anyway you could check that? Ac input would be a different story though.

Would need to know what the input is. Are we talking solar or grid input? If solar, how much? Several factors will come into play, it's difficult to make a full assessment without some more info. Anyway you could check that? Ac input would be a different story though.
Charging is on "only solar". No grid input. I have 6200 watts of panels. Sunny Day. I had it on "user" before on a max rate of charge of 70amps / approx 26amps each. 56.2 bulk 54.2 float. Works good but wanted to try close loop.

Also on Eg4 mode bulk and float are set to 56v both. From the manual I received I can see different ranges. 55.5v / 54v respectively. I saw another post from you stating 56.2v bulk as a standard for all eg4 batteries.

On user It was set to 70amps. 26amps per battery. It would reach the 70amps easily at approx 10am.
Regardless of what the max change current is set at you need to divide that by the number of batteries you have to determine the current per battery. For example if you have 6 batteries and you set the max charge current at 100a, you will see that the individual battery is getting 100/6 = 16a

Regardless of what the max change current is set at you need to divide that by the number of batteries you have to determine the current per battery. For example if you have 6 batteries and you set the max charge current at 100a, you will see that the individual battery is getting 100/6 = 16a
I have 3 batteries. It will never go above 30amps at 70amps max charge. No reason why to throttle down after 90% SOC

diy solar

diy solar
Back