diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500EX-48 F69 fault code

lmpsr

I just installed my new inverter, along with a LifePower4 battery with BMS connected. The battery icon is flashing indicating BMS comms should be good. After charging the battery, I got the F69 fault code. Should I be concerned about this? Should I just reboot everything?

Code 69 is due to the fact that one of your batteries is unable to charge, probably due to the fact that one of the cells is over voltage. It's possible that your LifePower4 battery is out of balance. I'm not super familiar with those, but it might be able to balance itself out after a few cycles.

Signature Solar called me back, and had me change from EG4 to USER in the battery type setting, and then change a couple parameters to lower the maximum charging voltages. Seems to me that BMS is a waste of time if you have to override it. Possibly it's due to an imbalance in cells as you say. I wonder if there is a way to go into the battery management and tweak the settings of each cell or each group. I haven't gotten that far yet. Interestingly, some of the battery setting defaults were off, even though I had never touched any of them.

Signature Solar called me back, and had me change from EG4 to USER in the battery type setting, and then change a couple parameters to lower the maximum charging voltages. Seems to me that BMS is a waste of time if you have to override it. Possibly it's due to an imbalance in cells as you say. I wonder if there is a way to go into the battery management and tweak the settings of each cell or each group. I haven't gotten that far yet. Interestingly, some of the battery setting defaults were off, even though I had never touched any of them.
Glad you got a call back. Unfortunately I've heard of a lot of people having issues with the EG4 communication protocol.

To my knowledge, there's no way to customize the BMS values. I believe when you have the EG4 protocol set, the battery takes over a handful of settings in the inverter, but the values don't actually change in the inverter menu (so you can't see what they are). I know for some it may be nice to have the BMS handle those values, but everything has to work properly for that communication to be of value.

Either way, glad you go things somewhat straightened out.

Interesting comments. I determined that when you select EG4 in menu 5, it automatically sets menu 2 to 10A, and menus 26 & 27 to 58.0v. I don't know if the BMS is actually setting these values, or if these are just for display. If the BMS is setting these values, they are quite far from the defaults listed in the manual.

The BMS should dynamically change the values based on the current needs of the battery. I don't believe it updates the values you see in the display.

Hi!

I'm getting the Error 69 on only 1 of my batteries. I've switch to USE yesterday and am going to let it cycle a few times. So far, it's still not discharging.

What settings did you end up using for all your voltage threesholds?

THanks!

Back