diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 6500EX current sharing cable

Matt3

I'm running my 2 eg4 6500EX parallel and completely off grid. Are the current sharing cables necessary

Bottom left of image.

You will not use current sharing cables when using split phase with two 6500ex units.

* If you had 4 inverters running split phase you would connect current sharing between Inverters that were on the same phase.
Screenshot_20230430_234928_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

I see your other post about 3 LP4 batteries.

I'd recommend starting with "USE" type for the batteries. New batteries will need some time to top balance, prior to using EG4 type.

I see your other post about 3 LP4 batteries.

I'd recommend starting with "USE" type for the batteries. New batteries will need some time to top balance, prior to using EG4 type.
I have them set to a closed loop system. Eg4 for the host and use for the other batteries. I am running no load on them for at least 2 days of full sun other than the inverter running load

I have them set to a closed loop system. Eg4 for the host and use for the other batteries. I am running no load on them for at least 2 days of full sun other than the inverter running load
Can you explain that?

The primary battery will report to the inverter (when using EG4 type) how many batteries and the average SOC of all connected batteries. Inverter will adjust amperage based on SOC and the total number of batteries connected. If you are excluding EG4 batteries from comms the inverter will only be able to set the charge rate based on the connected batteries.

Can you explain that?

The primary battery will report to the inverter how many batteries and the average SOC of all connected batteries. Inverter will adjust amperage based on SOC and the number of batteries connected no
I'm not sure what you mean to explain. I just set up. the rs485 cables between the batteries like the instructions show and changed the dip switch to a host for one battery and the other 2 batteries to different positions then connected the battery/ inverter read cable to the port on the inverter then I setting 5 I put Eg4 for the host battery on 2p1inverter and use on the 2p2 inverter

I'm not sure what you mean to explain. I just set up. the rs485 cables between the batteries like the instructions show and changed the dip switch to a host for one battery and the other 2 batteries to different positions then connected the battery/ inverter read cable to the port on the inverter then I setting 5 I put Eg4 for the host battery on 2p1inverter and use on the 2p2 inverter
Looks correct.

A few things you might see in the next few days.

- Flashing 2P1 (Battery Alarm most likely because of CellOV)

- F61 ( battery communication error) and/or (update inverter firmware)

- F80 ( Maybe battery communication related to Battery SOC doesn't match voltage reading)

- WatchPower App reports incorrect SOC when using "EG4" (flip break off and on one at a time starting with host and each additional battery) also see F80

- Charge Amperages automatically changes (this normal when using EG4 type. Amperage is throttled down automatically by the inverter at 95% and 99% SOC)

-Cell OV battery alarm (Check battery status using BMS Test program, need to top balance, change to USE type until top balanced) see flashing 2P1

-EG4 type has one voltage setting 58v and your batteries will report CellOV until they are top balanced (may take several days or switch to USE and creep up on pack voltage start around 55 or 56ish volts)

- Battery incorrectly reporting 100% SOC at a lower voltage (recalibrate battery aka cycle the breaker, seems to only occur during first couple of charges. Really messes up top balancing when the battery reports 100% SOC because the inverter throttles down amperage when the battery reports full when it really isn't.)

Last edited:
Back