diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500ex poll

Batavian

Please list the amount of time your EG4 6500ex inverters have been running with no problems. I'm curious what percentage of good ones are out there. I'm hoping that the majority are working flawlessly.

I was good for a month or so but shut down on F80 yesterday. So for me.

1 Day

Please list the amount of time your EG4 6500ex inverters have been running with no problems. I'm curious what percentage of good ones are out there. I'm hoping that the majority are working flawlessly.

I was good for a month or so but shut down on F80 yesterday. So for me.

1 Day
6 Months

System is two 6500s in split phase. There have been two replacement "events", all under warranty.

System startup to first failure: 3 months. Both units failed with shorted DC inputs.

Startup of replacement units to second failure: 7 months. 2P2 inverter exhibited a failure of MPPT1 input.

Since 2P2 inverter replacement: 2 months.

I didn't have any operational issues with the system until the 2P2 inverter. I now have the flickering lifht problem as well as some strings of significant dropouts of the 2P2 AC output. A typical string will have ten or so dropouts and fast returns for a period of 20 seconds or so. These happen three or so times a day. This inverter also has an output voltage regulation issue in that the voltage will swing as low as 108V and as high as 132. The other is rock steady at 120.

Well, no 6500 for me but I'm currently running my house on a 6000ex. Apart from the original issues with close loop communication with the battery's communication cable (labeled wrong) and some minor light flickering (does not bother me that much) its been running for one year no issues. I'm basically off grid so this inverter its constantly being used from handling basic house loads and a 36000btu a/c during day time. At night time one 18k and a 12k a/c plus the house utilities. Discharging and charging 26k of eg4 LLs batteries. Like I said one year going strong.

Back