diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500ex UPS max bypass wattage supported

kastl434

I sent this to Signature Solar but got no response. Maybe someone on the forum has this type of setup and can reply.

I am thinking of purchasing the EG4 6500 watt inverter with 2 EG4 5120wh batteries and have a couple of questions -

Does it support a UPS type of function where I can have grid input of 6500 watts and will it passthrough from the grid the full 6500 watts and in case of a grid power outage pull the full 6500 watts from the batteries?

Also, if solar is producing power, will it draw from solar as much as possible before pulling from the grid to satisfy the loads?

thanks,

Ken.

Also, if solar is producing power, will it draw from solar as much as possible before pulling from the grid to satisfy the loads?
No. It is a Off grid inverter.
It kinda depends on the "mode" the inverter is in. If it's in SUB (solar, utility, battery), it's supposed to use all solar potential before it uses grid power. Unfortunately it doesn't do this 100% of the time, in fact more often then not, it only uses a small portion of solar and then dumps it into the batteries.

Unless you're only planning on using this as a backup to grid power, most people tend to run in SBU (solar, battery, utility) mode to use the available battery power to power the loads when solar isn't sufficient.

It kinda depends on the "mode" the inverter is in. If it's in SUB (solar, utility, battery), it's supposed to use all solar potential before it uses grid power. Unfortunately it doesn't do this 100% of the time, in fact more often then not, it only uses a small portion of solar and then dumps it into the batteries.

Unless you're only planning on using this as a backup to grid power, most people tend to run in SBU (solar, battery, utility) mode to use the available battery power to power the loads when solar isn't sufficient.
My point being it is not a hybrid inverter therefore it does not mix grid and solar inverter output. It is one or the other.

Back