diy solar

diy solar

EG4 batteries and inverter - faulted and won't turn back on

Dralkyr

I have 6 Life power 4 batteries and the 6000ex split phase inverter. Suddenly the inverter showed fault code 07 (overload) even though no new loads were put on it. I shut off the breaker from the batteries to the inverter and turned the inverter off, but it took about 15 minutes for the alarm tone to stop and the inverter to actually shut down. I also turned off all the batteries.
After the inverter finally shut off I turned the batteries all back on, turned on the breaker, and pushed the inverter On button. The inverter did not turn on and the red ALARM light on all the batteries turned on immediately.

The only loads on the system were our Starlink, a fridge, and an RV ac unit. But they were on it for hours before faulting and the batteries still showed high SOC.

I have 6 Life power 4 batteries and the 6000ex split phase inverter. Suddenly the inverter showed fault code 07 (overload) even though no new loads were put on it. I shut off the breaker from the batteries to the inverter and turned the inverter off, but it took about 15 minutes for the alarm tone to stop and the inverter to actually shut down. I also turned off all the batteries.
After the inverter finally shut off I turned the batteries all back on, turned on the breaker, and pushed the inverter On button. The inverter did not turn on and the red ALARM light on all the batteries turned on immediately.

The only loads on the system were our Starlink, a fridge, and an RV ac unit. But they were on it for hours before faulting and the batteries still showed high SOC.
Make sure all pv and grid input are off....so the inverter will truly turn off......turn off batteries......turn on the breakers to the inverters while the inverters are off..... then turn off the batteries.....turn the batteries back on so the precharge resistors will do their thing....then you should be able to turn on the inverters....hopefully.

I turned all the batteries on with the inverter and breaker off. Let them sit like that for several minutes. As soon as I flipped the breaker On I heard a sound like the starter on a vehicle, then all the ALARM lights went red.

Make sure all pv and grid input are off....so the inverter will truly turn off......turn off batteries......turn on the breakers to the inverters while the inverters are off..... then turn off the batteries.....turn the batteries back on so the precharge resistors will do their thing....then you should be able to turn on the inverters....hopefully.

He's my neighbor, I clarified with him a bit more detail about what the pre-charge circuit does, and how the steps you suggested to start with only first battery, then add the others back (the logic behind the order), he then followed those steps and indicated it worked and it's back online.

Still not 100% sure why the inverter initially tripped on the 07 Overload error yet though. Trying to figure out how large of RV AC unit it is. Theoretically I would think the 6000EX could start even the biggest RV roof AC units without problem. So that part is a bit of a mystery yet, but it's back going again...

Turning on a single battery with the breaker on did it. Thank you!

Turning on a single battery with the breaker on did it. Thank you!
The breakers to the inverters have to be on before turning on the batteries......ask me how I know....same problem as yours without the fault code.
He's my neighbor, I clarified with him a bit more detail about what the pre-charge circuit does, and how the steps you suggested to start with only first battery, then add the others back (the logic behind the order), he then followed those steps and indicated it worked and it's back online.

Still not 100% sure why the inverter initially tripped on the 07 Overload error yet though. Trying to figure out how large of RV AC unit it is. Theoretically I would think the 6000EX could start even the biggest RV roof AC units without problem. So that part is a bit of a mystery yet, but it's back going again...
I'll be damned if my three 6000's did not shut down and show code 52...bus voltage to low....it was at 53.....restarted everything and shut down again showed code 72 current sharing fault....restarted everything once more and now it is working....I think I will stop answering questions....it jinxed me.

Back