diy solar

diy solar

EG4 battery from signature solar stopped working?

Spoonover

July of 2022 EG4 waterproof battery has stopped working? How do I reset the BMS?
Talked to Signature Solar on the battery and the tech person has never got back with me.

Last edited:
Thank you @robby !
@Spoonover - If you'd like to send me a DM with your name and email address or order number, I can get you reconnected! Initially, hwys suggestion will likely be theirs too. You will want to try charging it first, however, if you could take photos of the battery, serial and a voltmeter test performed on the battery, this will speed up the troubleshooting process!

You need to apply charge voltage if it's in shutdown. This is often a problem for people that only have inverters to charge which need to see the battery before they will charge it.
Have a second battery wired in parallel showing voltage till unhooked. Would not wake the BMS for some reason. Hopefully there is some other avenue.
Thanks for the help

July of 2022 EG4 waterproof battery has stopped working? How do I reset the BMS?
Talked to Signature Solar on the battery and the tech person has never got back with me.
Looks like I lost my $1600.00

The BMS of the waterproof batteries lacks a reset option on the battery itself. However, I suggest connecting it to a lithium battery charger to check if the cells activate. If the battery is indeed faulty, Signature Solar will be able to assist.

Good morning! I'm so sorry for the delay! I have found your ticket, we have your photos and a tech will be reaching out shortly to get you taken care of!

Back