diy solar

diy solar

New Eg4 48v 100ah waterproof battery 0 volts?

Ingmire

I am just getting unpacked and set up on my off grid property in south baja. On my way down I stopped at signature solar in Texas and bought an eg4 48v 100ah lithium waterproof battery and eg4 3000w inverter / charger. I was assured the battery was fully charged at time of pick up. It’s been two weeks since and I just plugged the battery to the inverter and I have no power. I put the multi meter to the battery terminals and it reads 0v… I tested one of my 18v ryobi batteries and the meter worked to read the 18v. When I checked the 48v battery I had the meter set to 200. I won’t have my solar panels set up for a few more days. Will my panels be enough to bring a battery back from 0v?

Thank you for any input, we are relying on this battery to run all of our systems.

Last edited:
Did you use a precharge resistor?
If not you need to find a 48v charger to wake the battery

I'm not familiar with the 3K inverter..can it wake a BMS when powered by AC?

I am just getting unpacked and set up on my off grid property in south baja. On my way down I stopped at signature solar in Texas and bought an eg4 48v 100ah lithium waterproof battery and eg4 3000w inverter. I was assured the battery was fully charged at time of pick up. It’s been two weeks since and I just plugged the battery to the inverter and I have no power. I put the multi meter to the battery terminals and it reads 0v… I tested one of my 18v ryobi batteries and the meter worked to read the 18v. When I checked the 48v battery I had the meter set to 200. I won’t have my solar panels set up for a few more days. Will my panels be enough to bring a battery back from 0v?

Thank you for any input, we are relying on this battery to run all of our systems.
Hi @Ingmire I'm so sorry the battery wasn't charged! As Zapper stated, you will need to use a 48v charger to wake the battery. If you have any trouble, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com and I will get you connected and taken care of!

I believe I have seen this come up as a catch 22. 3k won't recognize the battery and start charging until the battery is putting out voltage. Hopefully there is a way around it.

Otherwise might need to find a plain 48v charger. Or maybe rig something up with 4 car batteries to jump start the battery.

Small 48v power supplies are available for POE devices. Like a polycom phone 48v power adapter. One of those might suffice to get the battery to wake up.

I’ve got
I believe I have seen this come up as a catch 22. 3k won't recognize the battery and start charging until the battery is putting out voltage. Hopefully there is a way around it.

Otherwise might need to find a plain 48v charger. Or maybe rig something up with 4 car batteries to jump start the battery.

Small 48v power supplies are available for POE devices. Like a polycom phone 48v power adapter. One of those might suffice to get the battery to wake up.
my Ebike battery and charger which are 48v, maybe I will have some luck with that.

Same thing happened to me, which was a little painful as I'd thought there was something wrong with the battery, inverter, or I had hooked up incorrectly but glad I was able to wake it up with a 48v powersupply.

Back