diy solar

diy solar

EG4 F08 code, dead inverter

Asymair95

Had an F08 code on inverter two in my parallel off grid system. Reset the system a few times, and it would go away for a few hours, but come back. Now the inverter won’t power up at all. I’m guessing it’s fried. There is no grid power in this system. Not sure where to start.

I would detail the conditions under which the inverter failed in an email to signature and send inverter in for rma. I assume it's under warranty but even if it's past warranty period the unit could have a workmanship problem that resulted in instability.

Best of luck, I know how hard single phase can be on a split phase main panel

I’m waiting for a reply from them. I just don’t understand how it could run fine for months and one day just die like this. This inverter was replaced once already under warranty when it fried itself. Super frustrating.

I’m waiting for a reply from them. I just don’t understand how it could run fine for months and one day just die like this. This inverter was replaced once already under warranty when it fried itself. Super frustrating.
I couldn't even get my two eg4 6500-ex to function in parallel until the 2nd rma replacement. Really hope I don't develop this same problem also... will keep an eye out for anything abnormal

Umm, that's how things fail, they stop working.
If it already happened once why are you surprised its happening again?
It's not like there are mechanical things in there slowly wearing out and failing over time. It's electronics they often fail with no warning. Lower end inverters/electronics just tend to do it sooner (on average) than higher end inverters.

Reading other posts about the F08 fault it looks like it might be a battery buss issue? I measured voltage there and have 55.5 volts. I’m using the 6 lifepower4 batteries. I’m thinking this may be the case as now I cannot get the batteries to come online. They go through the self test and I hear rapid clicking, but then the red light comes on.

Back