diy solar

diy solar

EG4 inverter communication

Partlyshady

I've been looking for information on this , I've bought an EG4 inverter and looking for a 48volt 14s BMS that will "talk" to it. Open to suggestions. Or is this even necessary? Giving that you can enter I guess battery specs. Noob
here be gentle I bruise easily.

Last edited:
I've been looking for information on this , I've bought an EG4 inverter and looking for a 48volt 14s BMS that will "talk" to it. Open to suggestions. Or is this even necessary? Giving that you can enter I guess battery specs. Noob
here be gentle I bruise easily.

Hello again.

I don't have an answer, but there isn't a lot of value in this unless you truly need it. Top balancing a battery with a properly configured passive BMS will keep any healthy battery healthy. You simply program the EG4 to operate inside the limits of the BMS.

Yes. I'm the guy that spent $1000 on a BMS that will talk to my Victron stuff, but I like punching myself in the face.

I have a soft spot for self deprecation. Thing I love about learning in this field is that if ya can't laugh at your own mistakes ya aren't spending enough!
I'm never satisfied with what I've learned and built.. when I'm broke it might be good enough.
Im just trying to looking for the best bang for buck in a BMS .. Bluetooth?
UART? (Whatever the hell that means)

The EG4 inverters use RS-485 to communicate with BMSs. Setup with their batteries is plug and play. Not sure about other brands.

The EG4 inverters use RS-485 to communicate with BMSs. Setup with their batteries is plug and play. Not sure about other brands.
thats a very interesting question. Will it work with other brands? What will it blow up if i try to plug my eg4 3kw into my 50ah 48 volt renogy smart lithium???

Back