diy solar

diy solar

EG4 lifepower communication with Conext XW 5548 NA

underdog5004

I have 4x 24v 200ah lifepower batteries. Was running a magnum ms2024, but now I've got a conext XW 5548 NA.

I've reconfigured the battery cables for series/parallel (2s2p), to achieve 48v nominal on the bank.

When the batteries were on 24v nominal, I was able to read their status using the communications cable.

Is it possible to make the XW 5548 and (now 48v) lifepowers communicate? I see signature solar just released a communications hub, but I think that's for the native 48v lifepower.

I have a conext combox.

Does anyone have experience with this specific use case?

I'm planning to expand the battery bank, either with 2x 24v200ah lifepowers, 2x 48v100ah lifepowers, or 2x 48v100ah LL batteries. Is there an advantage one way or the other? I know the 48v100ah lifepower is rated for 30a discharge each, while the 2x24v batteries would only give me 30ah discharge for the pair. Any other factors I should consider?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
I have 4x 24v 200ah lifepower batteries. Was running a magnum ms2024, but now I've got a conext XW 5548 NA.

I've reconfigured the battery cables for series/parallel (2s2p), to achieve 48v nominal on the bank.

When the batteries were on 24v nominal, I was able to read their status using the communications cable.

Is it possible to make the XW 5548 and (now 48v) lifepowers communicate? I see signature solar just released a communications hub, but I think that's for the native 48v lifepower.

I have a conext combox.

I'm planning to expand the battery bank, either with 2x 24v200ah lifepowers, 2x 48v100ah lifepowers, or 2x 48v100ah LL batteries. Is there an advantage one way or the other? I know the 48v100ah lifepower is rated for 30a discharge each, while the 2x24v batteries would only give me 30ah discharge for the pair. Any other factors I should consider?

Are you using 24V EG4 server rack batteries in series? Is that supported?

Are you using 24V EG4 server rack batteries in series? Is that supported?
Hi filterguy, rhanks for the response!

Yes, it is supported, although there is precious little info about this method online. I spoke with signature solar and confirmed its supported, and also requested they make a video or otherwise document this. While each pair of 24v batteries gives me 48v at 200ah, I THINK the recommended charge/discharge rate is the same as a single 24v battery: 30a. However, the 48v100ah lifepower has a "30-50a" recommended rate, and I can fit two of those in the same space, giving me 48v, 200ah with "60-100a" charge/discharge rate.

Not sure how comms between batteries work when series paired like this.

I have a conext combox.

I have the exact same inverter (XW+5548) and desperately want to know if it works like it does with the XW Pro. I'll order 3 tomorrow if it it's possible.

Similar question about a SW4048 and the EG4 wall mount. Also have the SE ComBox for PC interface to the system [sw4048 and mppt60-150]. Moving from SLA to lithium and Signature Solar said in a pre-sales question that they had it working with the XW4048. Figured it wouldn't be much different but a verified operation would be nice along with details of the configuration required.

The way I understand it, Lifepower4 communicates with Insight. So you need an Insight.

EG4 will confirm that it works with Insight and XW+ or XW Pro, so I suspect that it works with Insight and any other inverter, but I don't know that for sure.

I have never seen Lifepower4 confirmed to communicate with Combox and I think it does not.

Back