diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Lifepower only charges to 43%

JRiner

My Lifepower rack battery with EG4 3000 48v inverter was charging to 100%, now only charges to 43%. Any ideas as to how to fix it?

Not sure of the voltage as the unit is 4 hours from where I am. I will try setting those. The setting on the inverter is set for the Lifepower with the connected cons cable. Any idea why this would happen after working drone for 5 months?

Not sure of the voltage as the unit is 4 hours from where I am. I will try setting those. The setting on the inverter is set for the Lifepower with the connected cons cable. Any idea why this would happen after working drone for 5 months?

Cell imbalance.
Poor PV conditions.
Sometimes these cheap Chinese units just need to be reset/power cycled.

I made the changes support requested. Fix it so far. Need to cycle the pack a few more times and then see if it sticks. Happy so far.
Can you post what changes support suggested for th next person who may run into this issue? I'd be curious to know, just for my own personal knowledge.

How long have you had your batteries for? If they are new, you'll need to cycle them to calibrate the BMS.

If it's been in use for a while, then what is your depth of discharge?

The BMS inside is similar to a car. You need to perform maintenance on it every so often. Just to make sure that it stays calibrated.

Can you post what changes support suggested for th next person who may run into this issue? I'd be curious to know, just for my own personal knowledge.
I finally got back to our place to get the changes. They were 1) USE MOde. 2) Setting #26-Volt change to 56.2v(charging voltage) 3) Setting #29 Low DC Cutoff to 46v, float to 55.1

How long have you had your batteries for? If they are new, you'll need to cycle them to calibrate the BMS.

If it's been in use for a while, then what is your depth of discharge?

The BMS inside is similar to a car. You need to perform maintenance on it every so often. Just to make sure that it stays calibrated.
As of the time of the problem, about 14 months, so not new. The house runs while we are gone, often the DOD is 20-30%, recharges by about noon each day.

Back