diy solar

diy solar

EG4 LifePower4 48V Battery showing 27V and High Pitch Buzz

How/Where was the charger connected, to the battery terminals on the front of the battery?
What happens if while the breaker is off, you (with a non conducting "toothpick") press the reset button.

How/Where was the charger connected, to the battery terminals on the front of the battery?
What happens if while the breaker is off, you (with a non conducting "toothpick") press the reset button.
Yep, to the front of the battery only with the charger, with the breaker in the on position. Won't be connecting them past the exterior.

I have tried pressing the reset with breaker on, with breaker off. Holding reset for 15 seconds with breaker on and with breaker off. And lastly holding reset while flipping breaker on. None of these have resulted in leds as they have with my other batteries.

The BMS is fried. I think most have arrived at that conclusion. Consider this; most of the "logic" on the BMS circuit board requires 3.5 to 5 volts DC (processor and analog to digital converters as well as the communications). The front panel LED indicators are 5 vdc. The board must have a DC to DC converter which creates the 5 volts from the battery.
Hope you kept the packaging the battery was delivered in. Signature Solar should initiate a replacement with free shipping.
Don't believe anyone on this forum can be of further help except to support you in your effort for a warranty replacement.
Keep us posted on any developments

Consider this; most of the "logic" on the BMS circuit board requires 3.5 to 5 volts DC (processor and analog to digital converters as well as the communications). The front panel LED indicators are 5 vdc. The board must have a DC to DC converter which creates the 5 volts from the battery.
Yes but I understood that the switch that's ganged to the breaker handle cuts the power supply off to the BMS when the breaker is off.

I vaguely recall that was not true on earlier models though, so maybe OP has one of those.

Yes but I understood that the switch that's ganged to the breaker handle cuts the power supply off to the BMS when the breaker is off.

I vaguely recall that was not true on earlier models though, so maybe OP has one of those.
Some batteries do and some don't. I can open the breaker on my SunGoldPower batteries (SOK clone) and the BMS and front panel SOC LEDs are still active. I have to press the reset button to turn off the BMS.

The BMS is fried. I think most have arrived at that conclusion. Consider this; most of the "logic" on the BMS circuit board requires 3.5 to 5 volts DC (processor and analog to digital converters as well as the communications). The front panel LED indicators are 5 vdc. The board must have a DC to DC converter which creates the 5 volts from the battery.
Hope you kept the packaging the battery was delivered in. Signature Solar should initiate a replacement with free shipping.
Don't believe anyone on this forum can be of further help except to support you in your effort for a warranty replacement.
Keep us posted on any developments
Actually, in regards to the packaging, I've been sweating that because I always take my cardboard to the dump very shortly after getting stuff.. I'm considering getting 1 more LiFePo4 battery to round out my array from 5 to 6 + 1 (for the wheelie cart that Will has shown built before). Then I could just use that packaging to send back this battery for repairs.

Actually, in regards to the packaging, I've been sweating that because I always take my cardboard to the dump very shortly after getting stuff.. I'm considering getting 1 more LiFePo4 battery to round out my array from 5 to 6 + 1 (for the wheelie cart that Will has shown built before). Then I could just use that packaging to send back this battery for repairs.
Shouldn't be on you to have the packaging for a warranty claim, I'm sure their process accommodates that.

If you'd like to send me an email at engagement@signaturesolar.com, I can get you connected with an associate to get you taken care of!

Back