diy solar

diy solar

EG4 x2 3000W x3 48V EG4 LifePower4 - Voltage and SoC

girfold

Hey all,

I've got 2 EG4 3000s set up in Split Phase and an array of 3 of the EG4 Lifepower4s. Before setting up split phase, I'd get what I assume are accurate readings for the battery state of charge, showing 99% or 100% (and listed 300Ah, but no longer shows that) before seeing the incoming solar charge drop to nil, and the panels then only accommodating the current load.

Now that I've got two inverters set up. I've recently been getting a reading of 90% SoC before the MPPT switches off the incoming solar charge (and no longer lists the Amp Hours remaining like it had before when I had only 1 inverter set up) and one of the inverters is showing 56.4V, while the other inverter is showing 56.6V from the battery. Both inverters are wired individually to the bus bars that are in the case of the 3 battery rack mount that Signature Solar sells.

Summary:
* The primary inverter is the one showing the 56.6V and the secondary inverter showing 56.4V.
* SoC caps at 90% from the communications of the batteries. No longer shows the Amp hours on that menu display, for either primary or secondary inverter.
* Primary inverter set to the communication for the batteries and "Li4", secondary inverter set to "Li" option in settings.

Anyone else have this problem? If it's showing 56.6V, is that assumed full charge even though the SoC is showing 90%? Is one of the cells having issues in one of my batteries causing the lower SoC?

Thanks for your insights!

I let it discharge down to 34% SoC as indicated on the inverter over night and looking at the battery indicators, I'm seeing the top and bottom battery with 2 dots (>25%) and the middle battery with 1 dot and no warning blink (between 15% and 25%). Voltage on all three is in the range of 52.3V to 52.4V.

I read somewhere that if I do a reset it may help them be in sync more? Should I just reset the middle battery to see if that will help them stay more in sync?

Tried resetting the BMS on two of the three batteries by holding down reset 10 seconds and then flipping it off and on last night. Not much difference as it charged to 89% today then switched off MPPT input since it got to 56.4V (but indicates 89% SoC). Any thoughts on next steps? Would hooking up the inverter to my PC show me any useful information on the batteries?

The secondary inverter needs to be in "AGM" mode on the battery setting to properly coordinate with the master inverter for communication, even if you're using lithium batteries. Try that first, and see if it helps! I don't know off the top of my head whether or not the display should still read out AmpH when paralleling, so I'll see if I can get an answer for you on that.

The secondary inverter needs to be in "AGM" mode on the battery setting to properly coordinate with the master inverter for communication, even if you're using lithium batteries. Try that first, and see if it helps! I don't know off the top of my head whether or not the display should still read out AmpH when paralleling, so I'll see if I can get an answer for you on that.
Thank you @BraydenFromEG4, I'll try that. I tried it while it was on, but will have to try again later after turning off the inverters and turning back on. Because when I tried while they were on, it wouldn't let me configure that setting. Will post back here with any additional results after doing so. Thanks!

Hmm, after turning off the inverter I tried setting the secondary Inverter to AGM and it kept switching back to "Li". I swapped the network cables around (manual says two between the inverters) and tried again and same deal. I don't see the manual having a "Li" mode, but seeing mention of a small "Li" indicator means that the communication between the inverters is active. Maybe something in a more recent firmware? These are the v2 models.

I wasn't able to replicate your situation with my setup, so I asked the Signature Solar tech support team to reach out to you for contact so they can look into this. They'll be able to resolve the issues you're facing in a much more timely manner than myself, but we can revisit this thread and post the resolution in case someone else happens upon this problem!

I did the same thing with the same inverters, split phase. and now the battery charge percentage never goes below 65%, even when they are below 25%.. i'm trying to call SS, have been on hold for 45 minutes . My inverters are in User mode. and i don.t know how to change it , if anyone knows how ?

I wasn't able to replicate your situation with my setup, so I asked the Signature Solar tech support team to reach out to you for contact so they can look into this. They'll be able to resolve the issues you're facing in a much more timely manner than myself, but we can revisit this thread and post the resolution in case someone else happens upon this problem!
I'll try the agm setting

Back