diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Lifepower4 48V Top Balancing Firmware.

Do I need to apply this firmware update to the 24 volt life Power Batteries which I have in series to get to 48 volts and then in parallel with two of the 48 volt life Power Batteries?

ALCON,

After updating LP4 to 3.26.

The 7,8 pin communication cable will only read if you change the default "App BaudRate" to 19,200
Pin 7,8 is read only

Pin 1,2 (read/write) still uses the default 9,600 BaudRate

1690774113957.png

Attachments

• 1690774000912.png
    1690774000912.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 9
Pin 1,2 (read/write) still uses the default 9,600 BaudRate
The only issue I had when updating this weekend was, I had to restart the program once for two of the 6 packs. Otherwise, all went well.

I did it the way @Markus_SignatureSolar explained. Fabricated a cable as shown in the video by @Zapper77.

The packs all reflect the same "Full Bat Cap" of 99.8 whereas before they said either 98.8, 98.9 or 100.

Unfortunately, still have the same 4 cells not functioning like the other 92.

I know this update is for the Lifepower 48v, are there going to be any improvements also for the LLs?

Do you have issues with you batteries charging to 100%?
I have issues where, in a pair of 24v batteries in series, one will be at 27.0v, and the other will be at 28v. The drift gets so bad that one batteries shows cellOV alarm. About once a week I have to disconnect these pairs and reconnect in parallel, let them balance each other, then reconnect in series.

I was hoping this firmware would let one battery turn its Charge MOS off while the other was still on, to allow both batteries to reach the same voltage (1/2 nominal bank voltage each)

I have issues where, in a pair of 24v batteries in series, one will be at 27.0v, and the other will be at 28v. The drift gets so bad that one batteries shows cellOV alarm. About once a week I have to disconnect these pairs and reconnect in parallel, let them balance each other, then reconnect in series.

I was hoping this firmware would let one battery turn its Charge MOS off while the other was still on, to allow both batteries to reach the same voltage (1/2 nominal bank voltage each)
Is the 24v version recommend for series connection?

Back