diy solar

diy solar

EG4-LL 48V vs. EG4 Lifepower4 48V server rack batteries

rci

I haven't been able to find this topic. When comparing these 2 batteries, what is the functional difference other than the warranty length, front panel display and price ? I must be missing something else for the $250/battery difference... ?? TIA, rci

EG4-LL also has a CAN port. Now that EG4 has the Hub I see no reason for the EG4-LL unless you want the longer warranty. Save the $250 per battery an invest in the Hub if it supports your system.

Buy an extra pack of lifepower4 and your batteries will last longer with lower average DOD
A new consideration that's bothering me is that ......
I’m seeing a disturbing number of recently dissatisfied customers involving the EG4 based system I was thinking of purchasing but a more bothersome thing is that with SS’s extremely fast growth and inability to help customers in a timely manner, I may be getting myself in over my head. I’m considering either paying more for Victron or going somewhere else and getting a Sol-Ark system and paying through the nose. With either one of these systems I’d have to research batteries and anything else that’s required, basically starting all over again in my search. This is presenting a new dimension to purchasing something that isn’t going to be a mess after the money’s spent.....this is a lot of money to spend to end up with continuing problems and no vendor support except on this forum....... any thoughts ?

Back