diy solar

diy solar

EG4-LL missing breaker

What is the dc voltage rating and dc AIC on those dc breakers in the rackmount batteries?

What is the dc voltage rating and dc AIC on those dc breakers in the rackmount batteries?
Yes this was another concern I had. And it took a month to obtain one of the data sheets. I couldn't find it anywhere online. The interrupt current varies depending on make and model but the DC rated ones have an aic high enough for the pack size. This is why the 220Ah model by trophy has a DC breaker that is 4X bigger than the 100Ah models.

Last edited:
Yes this was another concern I had. And it took a month to one of the data sheets. I couldn't find it anywhere online. The interrupt current varies depending on make and model but the DC rated ones have an aic high enough for the pack size. This is why the 220Ah model by trophy has a DC breaker that is 4X bigger than the 100Ah models.
Then I'm satisfied.
I was feeling nervous because I was coaching people that the built in breakers were adequate protection for last line of defense from a dead-short.
UPDATE: I'm not satisfied.
See this post https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eg4-ll-missing-breaker.45718/post-658530

Last edited:
Actually the pack I just opened has a t class fuse! Or what I assume to be. Beautiful.

View attachment 122859
Just a teaser. Should have video done tomorrow :)
That is great and all, but it means unless you use 300MCM or thicker wire for the battery circuit you need an additional over-current device to protect the battery wires.

That is great and all, but it means unless you use 300MCM or thicker wire for the battery circuit you need an additional over-current device to protect the battery wires.
Indeed. That is paramount when using large batteries. This one can do 315A for 30 seconds. Uses a contactor. Very similar to fortress power batteries.

Indeed. That is paramount when using large batteries. This one can do 315A for 30 seconds. Uses a contactor. Very similar to fortress power batteries.
Agree, this is the best kind of design, the Class T fuse protects the battery better than a breaker and the wiring should always have its own fuse to match its limits anyway. The other huge benefit is the relay. You’re going to see a much lower Total Pack ESR and that will lead to faster charging when paired with FET based packs. The relay will also provides huge surge abilities.

Last edited:
I can’t seem to find it now. I thought it was in this thread. But isn’t in their documentation that shows the circuit breaker can handle DC current. I think it was printed on the side of the circuit breaker not the front that you see on the rack battery.

diy solar

diy solar
Back