diy solar

diy solar

EG4 LL v2 Charging

Just a quick question about expectations for PV battery charging.

I've been running for almost a month and I'm seeing expected PV input from my 7k array (sometimes a bit more) provided I have enough loads on the system (batteries + heat pump + lights etc..).

However today I'm seeing, no matter the level of sunshine, that my batteries are only charging up to a max input of about 2300 watts. No other loads today, just a batt bank that started the day at about 46% that needs to be recharged.

If I look at the EG4 LL v2 specs, it shows 100a supported by the BMS. With 3 batteries I'd expect to see more than 2300 watts .

In the EG4-6500 firmware there's a max charging and a max grid charging but I don't see anything about max PV charging.

Am I missing a setting somewhere or is ~2300 watts the max I should be seeing?

Charging current is dependent on the differential between the Voltage set point(s) in the inverter and the battery voltage. If you are using closed loop BMS communications then charging parameters may be set automatically. Perhaps try the User Defined charging parameters menu and experiment with different Bulk or Absorption voltages and amps to see how the batteries respond. Would recommend not charging at more than 20 to 30A per battery.

Back