diy solar

diy solar

Electrodacus-Fuse concerns

APhoton

I finally completed my mobile solar system using Electrodacus SBMS0 and DSSR20. Everything is working well! It is a 280ah 24v system. As I look at system something strikes me (I'm a newbie-not an electrician, engineer, etc). First let me explain how battery is connect. Positive wire (2/0 about 1' long) from battery goes to 300a shunt then to 350a disconnect switch then to positive copper busbar. Off the positive copper busbar I have 300a MRBF fuse (changing to class t fuse when arrives) that goes to 3000w/24v invertor. I also have a 60a breaker connected to positive busbar that goes to Victron Battery Protect for DC electrical.

Question/concern: From the positive battery terminal through shunt and disconnect switch/busbar, there is no fuse protecting this wire/shunt/disconnect switch/busbar. This is how you're suppose to wire Electrodacus. Do I have a concern or is there a way to protect this run?

Attachments

• Electrodacus Solar Electrical 9-15-22.pdf
    795.9 KB · Views: 18
Back to the original question.
Yes, there should be protection. And it should be located as close to the source (battery) as possible.

Battery-Shunt-Class T fuse (keeping wires as short as possible) and then to the distribution.

Dacian has stated multiple times on his google group, https://groups.google.com/g/electrodacus there should be no fuse or breaker between Battery positive terminal and shunts. To disconnect here without first disconnecting the SBMS0 will damage the SBMS0.

Peter
I'm not fond of having equipment connected without any protection. But, if that's what the manufacturer specifies. Then any damage from it would be covered by the warranty.
Is Dacian affiliated with the manufacturer?

Back