diy solar

diy solar

Enersys DataSafe 12HX300FR Opinion and system options

Yeah I have a bit of cable on hand lol I keep stuff I can use vs tossing it in the dump. I always barter and try to buy and sell stuff whenever I can too. So what I did was put the banks into series to create the 48v banks then ran main leads up for each bank so they would all join at the same location vs making 2 parallel banks.

Now I am thinking on adding a 80A breaker to each battery bank then adding a 150A after the buss bars.

Last edited:
Well I finally received my 80A breakers to use on each bank and have them retrofitted, I am just waiting for my mini bus bar to come in so I can make the links.

Attachments

• 530833EC-7023-4ED9-969B-C28B6AA48D9B.jpeg
    530833EC-7023-4ED9-969B-C28B6AA48D9B.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 5
The 80A are all set, hopefully tomorrow the bus bars will show then I can at least get this pack in place. Guess that concludes the battery portion of this, I should probably start a system build post.

Nice Install. I recently got access to a bunch of the same batteries and was wondering how they were working out for you? As a general rule these batteries are for UPS applications and do not like being cycled so I'm wondering if you had any clue how they are holding up. Also curious what settings you use for apsorption and float voltage as the float value on the battery (13.6V/battery) seems a tad aggressive if being regularly cycled??

diy solar

diy solar
Back